• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Today is a very tempting day

Ginger's Mom

Today has been a very difficult day because...

I really want a SECOND Cavalier!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggh, I'm so jealous of those of you with two or more Cavaliers.

Our community only allows one dog so we can't have a second one. We need to move. SOON.

I browsed through the picture gallery today and life seems fuller with two Cavies rather than one! Or three rather than two, and four rather than three... etc etc etc..

Evetually I want to have one of each color. Ohhh that'd be my dream come true. :)

Ginger really needs someone to go candy hunting with this Halloween.

c90ec652.jpg

Man I would love a tri or a black and tan. But sadly I live in an apt and have 2 cats and 2 fish tanks and 2 chinchillas... I seem to like things in twos... 2 doggies... once I can afford a house and build a nice fence.

I love the pic of your pup with the trick or treat basket!!!

Aww!! Sounds like you need to move house and fast girl!! Can I just ask why there is a limit to how many dogs you can keep in your community? Sorry if this is dumb question but living in the UK we don't usually have conditions on numbers of dogs in a household unless it's a sheltered housing scheme etc??

I totally agree with you! I also want a second cavalier, today I begged my husband again - sending him begging eyes and wishing a cavalier for my next birthday :xfngr:
Well, we just have to be patient, both of us!

We live in an apartment community and here in Southern California these kinds of rules are standard. Actually we consider ourselves pretty darn lucky to have found a rental place that accepts dogs.

To go into more detail, out of 500 homes in this community, only 30 homes are allowed to have pets. There are total 12 buildings in the complex, and only 4 of these buildings are considered "safe" to have pets (and these so-called "pet" buildings are farthest from the main entrance). You also need to be on the first floor, not second or third (I guess people think that dogs and cats stomp really loud at night???). So that's how you come down to only 30 units. Sigh...

Also you can have one dog & one cat, or two cats, but you CAN'T have two DOGS.

Well, DH and I are saving up $$$$ so we can buy a house soon with a large backyard. I do love our community though because it has a huge trail park right next to us with lots of rabbits and deer that Ginger loves to chase around.

I told hubby that before we buy any furniture for the new house I'm getting a Cavalier. Hehehe :)

Last edited:
It must be so hard for you, It took me 8 years to talk my husband around to having a dog and he was the one who wanted to get another (on friday can't wait).

Where we live in England it says on the deeds that we are only allowed 2 dogs, so we wont be allowed anymore.

Hope you get to move soon, and hope your dream comes true!!

Anna (Mum of Harvey and nearly Rudi)

Ah!! I understand now!!

:xfngr: that you soon have a house where you can keep as many Cavaliers as you want, and who needs furniture when you have a Cavalier eh? ;)

Can well understand how you feel and can honestly say that when we had three together and a Lab, it just enhanced our life enormously. Obviously one has to have the time to exercise and spend with the dogs, the finances to cover the extra Vetinary bills and food and the extra space both indoors and outside, but if neither of those is a problem, then I guess it's a case of the more the merrier!!! I only have one now, my darling Ruby Max and I shall be the happiest woman on planet earth once I find my next healthy little guy/girl.

Back