• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

MVD - Bradley Now Has It

misty

I took Brad to the vets yesterday for a sore eye, and came out with the news that he has a Grade 3 murmur and that they'd like to do an EGC and or X-Ray when he goes in for a dental in a couple of weeks.

Jenny the vet told me she'd just returned from a seminar on MVD and it is now recommended to start treatment BEFORE symptoms occur. I know it used to be the thing to wait for the coughing to start, or other symptoms.

So, it looks as if Bradley will be started on Fortekor after his X-Rays.

I know I was expecting it, but no-one knows how old Bradley is, so it maybe means that he is about 6 or 7 y/o. Jennifer is determined his is 5 and no-one will convince her otherwise :).

He is very active though and no coughing at the mo'.

It's what I expect really, and it is my choice to have middle-aged/older Cav companions in our lives.

We don't have foreign holidays or go out drinking, so our dog insurance policies are our 'pleasure' if you like.

Still, it's a shock to realise that Bradley's probably a bit older than we thought. Mind you, I'll have to post some recent piccies of him running - he's fine in that respect :).

Bradley is just one of the 'big' characters in our home. He's nicknamed Mr Grumpy Trousers for his feisty ways, bless him. ;)

Thinking of you and Bradley and wishing you lots and lots more fun time together. You have a wonderful attitude and this will serve you well as time goes on.

So sorry to hear this Fran - sadly it is something most of us face as our Cavaliers get older.

The drugs available for treating MVD are very good, and with sensible management many Cavaliers do well on them for years, as you already know :)

Wishing Bradley - and you all - many happy years yet

I'm sorry you received that news; it is always a shock to be told something in such an unexpected way. I know how much you enjoy the older dogs. :flwr: That's interesting about the early treatment.

He's nicknamed Mr Grumpy Trousers

:rotfl:

Back