• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Have you heard of this?

clark67

Has anyone heard of this make of food and is so is it any good?

It's called Richa Complete. It says it is nutrionally balanced. vitamin enriched, natural ingredients also contains Yucca extract.

I just looked it up. It's formulated for working dogs. Does that mean it's higher calorie for energy requirements?

Yes it would!! Haven't heard of it myself either, but a feed for working dogs would be very high in protein certainly!

Yes it would!! Haven't heard of it myself either, but a feed for working dogs would be very high in protein certainly!
Is that good for him or not then? At the moment he's on James Wellbeloved and Nature Diet. Only this lady works for the company I think and gave it to my husband for us to try. If it's not good for him I'd rather not give it to him.

Protein 25%
Fat 10%
Ash 9.4%
Fibre 3.8%
Vitamin A 10000iu/kg
Vitamin D 1500iu/kg
Vitamin E (as alpha tocopherol) 165mg/kg
Copper (as cupric sulphate) 13mg/kg

that's the ingredients

That's actually the nutritional analysis of the ingredients -- the ingredients would list the type of meat(s) etc. (y)

Royal Canin's food for small breeds has 27% protein (their argument is that smaller breed dogs have a higher metabolism and need a higher protein food). So the protein level would be fine. Usually foods for working dogs would be higher in calories though as such dogs work off more calories.

I found their website and the ingredients are pretty mediocre though going by what they reveal (hey don't reveal very much!):

Meat & Animal Derivatives, Cereals, Bakery Products, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Oils & Fats, Minerals, No added colourants

I'd want to know what those meats are, the cereals are, the 'bakery products' etc. 'Animal derivitives' is usually a low quality ingredient -- usually you want a single defined source -- eg chicken or lamb derivatives. Some don't like to feed derivatives. The cost will probably be an indication of the quality. I'd say James Wellbeloved is a much better food. But it is hard to make any judgement without a precise ingredients list.

They are also targetting this at working breeds, going by their pitch and the packaging -- working spaniels, retrievers,collies etc.

I was asked yesterday which commercial dried food is best for this breed but I'm afraid I was reluctant to advise as I am not familiar with them all, and tend to cook a balanced meal for Max at home and add a little mixer which was recommended by both breeder and vet. I was also asked how many cod liver oil one should give and also if Glucosamine is a good idea early on. I had to reccomend a vet as I just couldn't take the responsiblitly of giving that kind of advise without a wide knowldege of dog food to back it up.

Back