• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kieran with Megs

Rj Mac

We did very little today, just a nice chilled day with a few dvds, Scooby Doo, and Babe to name 2,

Here's Kieran and Megs settled down for the afternoon...
SP_A0108.jpg
[/IMG]
SP_A0110.jpg
[/IMG]

1 of the best things, and the most pleasing from our point of view since Megs came home, is the bond she's formed with Kieran, he dotes on all 3 of the dogs, but Megan is his special girl:luv::luv:

Aah that is so easy to see and they certainly make a lovely pair. Funny, when I see your dogs listed above reminds me of when we too had a lab and two Cavaliers. Our Lab used to allow them to just lie on top of her or basically anything they wanted. When she was ill towards the end of her life, they literally used to watch over her by sitting not in her bed as usual in case they hurt her, but they used to place themselves outside it with their heads on top of it close to hers! I really am convinced that dogs do sense when one of their own is ill or nearing the Bridge. I so vividly recall Gemma's last hours with us and how those dogs who would normally be snoring flat out, never closed an eye until she was free. It's quite amazing and so moving don't you think?

That truly is an amazing thing, and I think you're right, the dogs do sense if 1 of their own is unwell, or for that matter if 1 of us is not 100%, I've seen Lucy and Megs cuddle up to Lisa if she's been unwell, or if my Arthritis flares up and floors me as it sometimes does.....the dogs are never far away :luv:.....Thankyou so much for sharing your Gemmas story with us :flwr::hug:

Now that's a great way to spend the afternoon!! Megan and Kieran look so very sweet together and I am so pleased to hear they already have a "bond" together :lotsaluv:

Now have to ask, has Megan seen 101 & 102 Dalmations yet? My Cuddle go beserk when we have those films on, in particular Josie's special lad Mr.chips! :lol:

Kieran and Megs look so happy together! It's clear that they have a special bond. How wonderful for both of them!

I have some special photos of my grandsons and Maddy. There is nothing quite so heartwarming as seeing a child loving a dog.
Pam

When i fostered Meggie a couple of months ago there is no way she would be sitting on a kids knee like this. The only one she would respond to was my OH she loved him to bits would follow him everwhere. Everybody else she either tolarated or hated. My son who is 20 she hated with a passion, and my 14 yr she would growl at.
So glad to see her so happy and adjusted . at times i didnt think that she could be rehomed, thanks to her former life.
Even to see her beautiful coat and how well she looks makes fostering worth while.
Ur family have really done a brilliant job. Well done.:flwr:

Now have to ask, has Megan seen 101 & 102 Dalmations yet? My Cuddle go beserk when we have those films on, in particular Josie's special lad Mr.chips! :lol:

havent sen them yet but Megs went nuts yesterday whilst watching "Babe", "Scooby Doo" and again today whilst watching "Cats and Dogs":D
also at any dog on the TV!

lisa

Aww!! They both look totally absorbed in the film! :lotsaluv: I love Monsters Inc! Brilliant choice Megan and Kieran (y)

Nothing more special than a child and pup sharing their bond together. It's the sweetest thing to watch! :lotsaluv:

Wow, these photos are so sweet. I especially love the one where Kieran is holding her paw in his hand! :luv::luv:

It's hard to imagine this is the dog that growled and growled at me from inside a crate when she first came into rescue. Sallymum did a great job of getting her to relax a bit, and Tara took her then really worked with her every day. This was one of the hardest dogs for Tara to rehome as she just loved her though she knew she definitiely needed her own home -- but what is really rewarding is seeing how all that gentle work with her paid off and what a perfect home she went into. :)

It is really shocking to see what can happen to dogs with the gentle personalities of cavaliers in a uppy farm situation. For a dog to go from what was a stable home (Megan belonged to an elderly woman once) into a puppy farm environment can be so traumatic that they become barely functional. To retrieve them back from such situations and see the gentle dog re-emerge is so special. I know just how much she must enjoy having a special friend to watch Monsters Inc with!! :p

Many of us, I for one, have stressful work lives, dealing with complex problems made more complex by office, corporate or even world politics. I can not tell you how much reading these wonderful rescue stories inspire and "ground" me, reminding me about simple, gentle things and that "despite everything," as Ann Frank wrote, "people are really good at heart." The photos of Megan made my day. Thanks!!!

Back