• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucy has an Ulcer in her eye

I have to say I wasnt very happy with the vet, I moved house a year ago and have had to change vets, this is only my second time dealing with the clinic, the 1st time I was happy with the vet but this guy didnt seem too bothered (It was Sunday and I think he was more a cattle vet) I will make an appointment to see the original guy, he was very helpful. Thanks for your advice, I will certainly make sure this is resolved as I cant bare to see her in pain. She has stopped scratching at her eye but it is still weeping a good bit. I am so worried about her leg now, the thought of her having an operation is killing me, she really doesnt deserve this after all she has been through :(

Is this the only vet you can get to? It may be worth trying to find another? What are her symptoms with her knee? Not wanting to sound like I am knocking you our your vet but I have had one vet tell me my dog had a luxatting pattella and another tell me she hadn't, when investigated further she had a bad muscle pull!! I have also had younger vets telling me my dog has a "serious grade 3-4" murmur when the cardiologist had passed them clear the day before! Boy was that ever funny!! Took my dog in for a booster, young, newly qualified vet who doesn't know my history in the breed, does a grand job of listening long and hard to my girls heart as part of the "Annual Health Check" :rolleyes: Looks at me and asks did I know this breed suffer "Very badly" with their hearts, "your girl has a grade 3 to 4 murmur I'm afraid to tell you" he says!
"Oh really?" I ask, "maybe you'd better call my cardiologist Mr.M then, as he told me 24 hours ago that she is clear!"
You have NEVER seen a vet hit reverse faster in your life I swear! :rotfl: Mr.M won an award for his services to veterinary science in the field of cardiology a few years back!! That's why my cuddle go see him annually without fail!!

OK way off subject now :oops:

Basically I would question that vets diagnosis of your girls knee as well as the treatment of what is possibly a serious eye infection too!! Keep me posted, and feel free to PM me if you want any further info on Dry Eye too!! (y)

Back