• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nature Diet...is it freezable?

hollyandmel

Hi all,

I bought some nature diet foils to try yesterday....Holly loves it! but there pretty big and as im only wanting to use a small amount with her complete to add variety.
Once opened can it be frozen? I was thinking of making a few meals up (veg and chicken added) and freezing them?

thanks xx

If you freeze chicken, it has to be heated for a while once thawed. I think this would make the Nature Diet, if mixed with chicken, quite mushy. I keep a tray of nature Diet 3 days once open. I heat about 2 tablespoons mixed with kibble in the microwave for 15 seconds, any longer and it goes mushy.

I have wondered the same as some products say either way on the packaging. Maybe we should call them.

Last edited:
If you freeze chicken, it has to be heated for a while once thawed. I think this would make the Nature Diet, if mixed with chicken, quite mushy. I keep a tray of nature Diet last 3 days once open. I heat about 2 tablespoons mixed with kibble in the microwave for 15 seconds, any longer and it goes mushy.

I have wondered the same as some products say either way on the packaging. Maybe we should call them.

I've emailed them x

Yes I've thought the same. They are really big cartons. It says on the packaging they keep for 48 hours in the fridge once open. I open one give Sally a third with small amount of kibble and then use the rest over 2 days. I find it's really good food, though would be better packaged in smaller portions. I find the packaging difficult to open too.

Reply from Nature Diet:

Thank you for your enquiry. Naturediet is a fresh meat diet and it may
therefore be split into portions and frozen for short periods of time, it is
essential that it be fully defrosted before feeding.

As with any meat, the consistency of the pate may change through the
freezing process, the faster it is frozen the less damage is done to its
structure.

It may be heated through to improve the consistency as this evaporates any
additional water that has entered during freezing: allow to cool before
feeding.

I hope this helps but please do not hesitate to get back in contact if I can
be of further assistance.

Good news! I will buy more now and freeze some meal for her! :)

Thanks Mel for finding this out for us. Lots of us use Nature Diet so I'm sure this will be of interest. :D

Back