• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Still worried about Sam

Mary, I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you today because I know how very hard it is to say goodbye to our beautiful furbabies. We never expect that we will feel such intense physical and emotional pain but we do and as time passes, it gets a little easier to bear until one day, we can remember them and it makes us smile.

You fought a hard battle for your Sam and you did everything possible to give him the best care and love that he deserved.

My thoughts are with you and the family at this very sad time :hug::hug:

Me and the boys send big hugs to you at such a sad time, you did your absolute best for Sam and I'm sure the pain will ease over time.

Our thoughts are with you:paw:

Dear Mary

I am so sorry for your loss. Sam sounds like a very special pup. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I think Sam's look was more than a "trusting look". It was "Thank you mom for loving me so much that you can let me go and be free of my pain when I know that loosing me means pain for you. Thank you mom for being so brave and holding me to the end...thank you for never letting me be alone in this world. Thank you mom for loving me."

Take care

Mary

Oh Mary,

I am so incredibly sorry to hear this news, but you know deep down that you made the right decision by Sam, it is always difficult to have to make "that" decision I know, but as you said, you had to put him first......

I too am filling up reading this thread :( God Bless You Sam, Good-Night and God Bless You, You gave so much and asked for so little in return, run free little man at the bridge :lotsaluv:

Thinking of you Mary :hug: :flwr:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you did the right thing, putting Sam's needs before your own and being with him at the end. :hug: I hope your pain and sense of loss will lessen each day and be replaced with happy memories of Sam. :flwr:

Am so sorry to hear about Sam. You made the kindest decision for him. I just hope if/when the time comes for my 2 I will be as brave and as strong as you have been. Sam knew how much you loved him and thats why it hurts so much.
Thinking of you and your family at this time:flwr:

Thanks everyone for ur kind words. I know time will make things easier but it sure doesnt feel like it know. I know deep down it was for the best, its just it all happened so quick at the end. Sam wasnt to bad when i left to do my shopping Fri evening, came back an hr and a half later and i knew by Sam his time was running out, it was hes eyes ,u could tell that all life had left them, then he breathing started really getting bad, poor fella as the vet said he was basically drowning inside.
I know the vet did everything he could but by this stage there really was little left. He gave us the option of sedating him for the weekend but i didnt want that, there was no way i could of left Sam like that for the weekend.
Just made a show of myself this evening. Yesterday i couldnt bring the other 2 for a walk but knew i had to this evening wasnt fair on them. Anyway here was me walking 2 dogs and me bawling like a mad woman. God knows what people thought. must be some great rumors going round the town tonight.

Oh I'm so sorry. Time will eventually heal - just keep putting one foot in front of the other, as my mother would say. :hug: I used to wear sunglasses a lot and carry a packet of kleenex for blotting my eyes after my little Tasha was given her wings.

I don't know how I completely missed this thread but I just saw in your signature that Sam passed on. I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how you feel - I have lost 2 dogs within the last year or so. Honey went by herself but we had to make the decision for Cassie and it is so difficult. I still think of them all the time but I know they had a great long life as Sam did. I'm sure Toby and Sally will help you get through this.

I missed this too, just caught up. So sorry to hear that you have lost Sam, but you will always cherish his special memories and he will always remain in your heart until you are reunited at the bridge. My thoughts are with you. :hug:

Sallymum I am so sorry that I have missed this update until now.

My thoughts are with you at this very sad time :hug:

So sorry to hear this sad news. Sometimes doing the right thing can be so painful.

I'm going to give Mungo an extra special hug tonight.

Oh Mary, I am so sorry to hear of Sam's passing. I had missed this too. It made me cry reading about it. People who don't have dogs just can not understand how much it hurts when they pass away.

You did the final loving thing for Sam. You helped him, peacefully & painlessly go to the other side. If we humans get to go in such a gentle & loving way we will be lucky.

So sorry I too only seen this now.
My thoughts are with you. You were very brave and a good mum to little Sam. Take care.

I've just seen this now and we're so sorry for the big fellah. He won't be forgotton easily. We knew Sam and he was such a big ball of energy, hard to believe he's gone. He had an incredible happy time with you though, that was obvious from the posts on the board.

Our thoughts are with you.

Back