• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How to make cheese and honey treats for your dog.

Thanks Pauline, shall try that definately. I have never given my dogs any of the ingredients in that recipe apart from a morsel of cheese as I was unsure if their digestive systems could tolerate oil and flower. I wonder if there is a list of foods that dogs cannot digest, which would be very helpful?

Thanks Pauline, shall try that definately. I have never given my dogs any of the ingredients in that recipe apart from a morsel of cheese as I was unsure if their digestive systems could tolerate oil and flower. I wonder if there is a list of foods that dogs cannot digest, which would be very helpful?

I think flour's OK. It's bread or dough with yeast in it that's bad for doggies.

Here's at least a partial list of foods that are poisonous or otherwise bad for doggies:

- Alcoholic beverages
- Avocado
- Chocolate (all forms)
- Coffee (all forms)
- Fatty foods
- Macadamia nuts
- Moldy or spoiled foods
- Onions, onion powder
- Raisins and grapes
- Salt
- Yeast dough
- Garlic
- Products sweetened with xylitol

I thought garlic was safe for doggies????

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I frequently did and do give macadamia nuts, grapes, raisins and onions :eek:

I occasionally feed garlic and have read many specific Cavalier breed books advising the feeding of garlic tablets:confused:

Thanks Pauline! I'm definitely going to try that. The doggie stew looks great as well {yum!}

thanks Pauline

I cooked a batch at the weekend and used them for training treats - Cinders and Minnie loved them - made a change from the usual smelly pilchard treat cake that I make for them for training. :dogwlk:

Back