• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We've adopted Charlie

:cry*ing:You made me cry reading this, Cathy you and your husband are truly angels and Charly is just one lucky dog.:rah::luv:
judy

Cathy, you and Colin are so obviously very special people, just the kind this sweet little dog so needed in his life. Bless you for doing what so many of us would like to be able to do.

Cathy, you and Colin are such amazing people. Thank you so much for opening your heart and home to such a wonderful little guy.

This is just the best thing I've heard of in a long, long time; your act of kindness reminds all of us what unconditional love really is. You have the support of so many, take advantage of it all! I am so looking forward to hearing all about Charlie's new life.

You have a big, wonderful, warm heart Cathy. I know this is no easy task you have taken on. :luv:

I know Cathy and Colin will give Charlie an excellent home and level of care, whatever treatment approach seems to be best for him. :) I'm just so delighted at this result and that Cathy was ready to consider bringing this little guy into her household of cavaliers. I know she intends to keep us informed of how he does, too. :flwr:

I also hope Charlie's story might provide some positive food for thought for others -- that some who might be considering adopting will not forget the special needs dogs, whatever their health, age or behaviour issues might be. Many people find that even though initially they seem a bit daunting or worrying, that these are the the most rewarding of dogs to bring into their homes. There are circles of support and knowledge that may always be drawn upon, too, through the various boards and lists.

Such choices are not for everybody, but for anyone who is comfortable and fairly confident with dogs, and feels they can maybe give a bit extra (in some cases) or simply be open to making a space for the most vulnerable and needy -- who often do not need any different regime than we'd give to our current dogs -- please do not pass over consideration of that older cavalier or the one with a health issue. You may find that's the dog who nestles into a very special place in your heart and your memory.

Wow! I'm just reading about Charlie for the first time :(
Cathy and Colin, bless you both for for giving Charlie a forever home :hug::hug:

Congratulations Cathy and Colin on your very special boy - I thank you from the bottom of my heart on behalf of Charlie - he is so lucky to have found such a wonderful home.

I know this has been a difficult time for you but I'm so pleased that you are building a relationship with Charlie and already finding him rewarding.

Dogs with special needs are so very rewarding - I can only echo Karlin's words, if you are able to open your heart and your home to a special needs dog, you will find it an amazing experience. Yes there is often heartache and emotional stress, but the bond you develop is incredible.

Oh Cathy you've got me in tears here over both yours and Colin's kindness and love. You both are truely wonderful people :flwr:

Wow---how amazing!!! Charlie is one lucky little boy.... :)

Cathy--- did he start life in a puppy mill??

Cathy--- did he start life in a puppy mill??
I'm fairly certain I was told that he was bought at a pet store, and usually brokers buy from puppy mills and sell to pet stores.

Even though Charlie is cute in his special 'Charlie' way:luv:, he doesn't meet the breed standard in many ways! He does have lovely color in his coat, though.

Thanks for all your kind words, everyone.

We are just so lucky that we have a veterinary neurologist who is experienced with SM and a full service veterinary hospital nearby, only a 30 minute drive. Once I realized Dr. Axlund is in Ohio, everything fell into place for us and for Charlie! :flwr:

reading this made me all teary, What you've done is just wonderful. He just looks like such a lovely little boy, goodluck and keep us posted.

Back