• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Had to share this...

KingstonsMom

I came across this poem about pet loss, and I thought it was beautiful.

We Have a Secret

We have a secret, you and I
that no one else shall know,
for who but I can see you lie
each night in fire glow?
And who but I can reach my hand
before we go to bed
and feel the living warmth of you
and touch your silken head?
And only I walk woodland paths
and see ahead of me,
your small form racing with the wind
so young again, and free.
And only I can see you swim
in every brook I pass
and when I call, no one but I
can see the bending grass.

-Author Unknown

That is just so moving and articulates exactly what we feel long after our little treasures have gone free. I tend to see vivid flashbacks of them all as puppies mostly, but also hundreds of other images of course. In the early days, it makes us sad to even picture them, but as time goes by all those images make us smile again and feel so priveledged to have such wonderful memories.

I had an English Cocker Spaniel named Abby who loved our house in the country. She has been gone for two and a half years but when I am there I feel her presence just as the author of this lovely poem has described. Thanks for sharing. I have a file folder with "pet" poems and I am adding this one.

Last edited:
Back