• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Too small?

Just a little update. I haven't had much success with Hermie - she's not interested in any food! There's a vets at our local Pets at Home and I weighed her there today, she only weighs 3.5 kilos! At 9.5 months. I was shocked, she has actually lost some weight now. I booked her in for tomorrow morning, let's see what the vet says.
(Maija weighed 4.4 kilos, so she's small as well, but I'm not worried about her as she's been eating really well after her season. I'm taking her tomorrow as well though.)

Well, I tried feeding Maddy the satin balls. The first day she ate two of them! Licked her lips and loved them. The next day she wouldn't touch them!
Now I have a freezer full!
Pam

Another tip to make dogs eat.

Take a container of frozen chicken livers thaw- rinse, simmer on stove until done with a few cups of water. Take a potato masher and make a liver slurry (looks like gravy). You can keep some chunks-- warm this and put it over dry food. Just enough to soften the food. I do this for moms when they go "off their food".

We went to the vets and they both had a health check. Hermie's exact weight was 3.75 kilos and Maija's 4.5 kilos. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them, they seem to be healthy in every way.:p She said that Hermie looks so healthy and energetic and active that she didn't think it necessary to run any blood tests yet. If she carries on not eating at all then we'll do them. They just are very small and will never be very big at all. And it was good to hear that their muscles have developed well, even Hermie's.
And now, surprise surprise, Hermie IS EATING :rah: Not large portions, but eating anyway, just the old Orijen and NatureDiet. It would be nice to see her eat a bit more (Maija eats a fair bit more) but I'm happy that she's eating even a little.
Thanks Woodhaven, for the recipe, I will certainly try that! :flwr: As to satin balls, well, the situation is the same as with you, Pam, the freezer's full of them! I don't think that Maija needs them - she's a nice size for her stature - and Hermie won't eat them...

Oh yes, one more thing, the vet says they are both going through a phantom pregnancy! Their mammaries are swollen and Hermie already has some kind of discharge that precedes the actual milk. She recommended spaying next month, but I'm a bit worried that they are still quite young (not full 11 months even) and too small. Any thoughts on that?
Thank you all for your kind tips and advice!

Back