• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New pup.

gerry

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=uhzY9ch8L4I

Thats the little fella! 13 Weeks old. Haven't got him yet, hopefully Thursday or Friday.

We got a crate, couple of toys, brush, clicker, treats, finger toothbrush things, collar, lead. We got spaniel bowls, would they be too big for a pup?

Haven't got food yet, We're waiting to find out what he's been on. We're thinking about maybe weaning him onto James Wellbeloved. Is it good, any better suggestions? Does anybody know anywhere in Dublin that would sell it?

Is there anything i'm missing. Oh, and any suggestions for names?

cavtiny

Wow, that's a lot of things! :lol:

Just a quick response -- James Wellbeloved is a great food and one I recommend for my rescue dogs. Petstop carries it as do many pet shops and so do Dog Training Ireland out at St Margaret's -- www.dogtrainingireland.ie.

Spaniel bowls will be way too big unless you end up with a very large adult cavalier eventually -- the usual size is for cockers and springers (no one seems to make cavalier sized commercial bowls) and you will only be feeding about a cup of food a day to a puppy or adult, total. Overly large bowls make it very easy to sriously overfeed so I always recommend getting cat food/toy dog bowls -- maybe 4-5 inches in diameter max. I'd get a cat dish for a puppy -- the smallest metal or ceramic bowls but the side should be about 2 inches high.

He's very cute!! :)

I don' know whether you have Morrisons supermarkets, but I got stainless steel cat bowls there at only 99p.

I suggest Vetbed type bedding, as it washes well and should the puppy wee on it the moisture soaks through leaving dry bed to lie on.

If your crate is large, you may find a plastic carrier (large size stocked by Argos) useful. These can make a cosy bed for overnight, when lined with Vetbed and are handy for travel, being easily carried and will fit inside a human's seatbelt in the car. (teddy is 4, but still sleeps in his).

Last edited:
I have nothing to add to the great advise above. Just wanted to say congratulations!!!!! He's absolutely gorgeous. You must be sooooo excited! :rah::)

Back