• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier breed history

Cavalier Breed History

I know that many of you wont be very interested in the History of the Cavalier Breed ,but for those of you who are ,here are some facts.

Ann's Son,and his full brother
Wizbang Timothy,were 2 of the Founder Stud Cavalier Dogs for the Breed in the late 1920's and 30's

Here's where it gets interesting !
Mrs Amice Pitt ,who founded the Cavalier Breed ,said in an Article that he was born in 1924,
In the Kennel Club's Breed Supplements ,his DOB is 1927.
Also to add to the mystery of Ann's Son,his Owner and Breeder ,Miss Mostyn Walker,categorically stated that he was the off-spring of a Tri Bitch and a Papillion.
Miss Mostyn Walker did breed Papillions
Among his decendants was
Ch Daywell Roger who lived to 12 years of age ,he was born7-10-45,and is in the back-ground of most of to-days Cavaliers' pedigrees

The other influential Stud Dogs were
Carlo of Ttiweh Blenheim
Duce of Braemore Tri
Aristide of Ttiweh
Kobba of Kurunda b/t

To add more mystery to us lovers of the History of the Cavalier Breed ,was a B/T Cavalier Bitch ,named
Rangers Nicky Picky,her Sire and Dam were always unknown ,until about 3 years ago ,a letter was found from Mrs Pitt naming her Sire as
Hentzau Bucks Hussar ,the Sire of
Kobba of Kuranda
To this day her Dam is still unknown

All this mystery in the Breed makes it all the more fascinating,particularly ,when Ann's Son could have sired his last litter at 15 years of age

We can think of him ,Tail Waving ,Familiar Cavalier Grin ,Well Did or Didnt I !!!

Bet

We can think of him ,Tail Waving ,Familiar Cavalier Grin ,Well Did or Didnt I !!!

:rotfl:

Bet, I'd like to think he did!

I agree, the mysteries make the breed history all the more interesting.

Back