Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Clown Babies

Post Thanks / Like

Growing up we had a huge freshwater tank but what I really want to know is which one is Nemo !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Davy, man can clowns give you looks! I love their movement it's so different then other fish.

Karlin, our tank is a 37gal. We started in a 10gal nano tank with one clown. They are hosting in a mushroom instead of and anemone because anemones scare the stuffing out of us. We had one for about a week and we were so paranoid that it was going to start moving around out tank and eat our fish (they like really good light and ours could be better). One morning my husband found our fire fish stuck in it. It was really pretty but we returned it to the store.

Next stop is to change out 29gal freshwater into a simple saltwater... maybe with a lionfish
    I evidently missed this thread! Melissa, I'm currently researching setting up a reef tank. It seems very complicated, but I'm determined. I'm starting smaller, too.. like a 40 gallon breeder tank, with a 20g long sump/refugium underneath. I'm mainly interested in a few fish, soft corals, and I'm just dying to have some clams! Maybe some SPS.. so I'm going to need good lighting because of the clams.

Do you mind telling me about your setup? I'd love to hear about it.
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had to laugh when you said you were starting smaller... with a 40 gal. We started with a 10gal nano reef with a heater, coral life light, I think a filter made for a 20 gal tank, and a protein skimmer (i forgot the brand... it broke so now biggie). In there we had our live rock... one clown, one mushroom, and a few polyps. Not to mention many crabs and snails for a cleaning crew.

Here is a pick of the nano reef before fish but just after putting rocks and gravel/sand in.

Recently, many 6 months ago we bought a 37gal column tank. Is the width of the top of the tank is the same as the 10gal we were able to get away with the same light (so the nano got moved to the big tank). Now we have 2 clowns (just picked one up 2 nights ago) a fire fish, green clown goby, a yellow watchman goby, lots of different mushrooms, polyps, 2 feather dusters, and a hammer coral. This thank has a filter rated for a 50 gal tank, 2 smaller heaters, I forget the name of the skimmer for this tank but it's a hang on back type because there is no room to build a sump.

Here is a pic of some of the soft corals and such. The long white thing in the middle is a floating thermometer... but a snail some how got on it and it became a sinking thermometer(thats the big circular thing at the top of it).

And here is and odd angle at most of the tank

We also have a 29 gal tank that had been our fresh water tank but that wasn't doing it for us so we gave away all the fish. Currently the tank is cycleing so that we can put some new fish in there. It's going to be salt water but we are unsure weather it will be a dwarf lion fish or some ... now i forgot what my husband told me he wanted to up in there.
    Mom to Maverick (3-18-07)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle & Rex View Post
    Growing up we had a huge freshwater tank but what I really want to know is which one is Nemo !!!!!
    Humm... no Nemo.. there was Al and Norman... but Norman was the one that died... now idk what to name the new one. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful tank, Melissa!

I wanted to start larger... like a 55 or 75g tank. Husband wasn't crazy about the idea (this will be MY hobby) and asked me to go smaller. Maybe he'll really like it and I can move up in the future.

I just love the mixed reef look! Looks just like the nice snorkeling I've done on vacations.

I want to eventually get a Mandarin Dragonet, and I just love, love, love the Blue Spotted Jawfish, but they are real jumpers so I have to think long and hard about getting one of those.

And, CLAMS, I gotta have some CLAMS. Those tridacnids are just fabulous and the colors are amazing!

Thanks for posting the tank pictures!
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Clams are very cool! we almost bought one but we don't have enough light for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default both of my nemos..disappeared

yep never to b found....i have a 24g aquapod..will upload images later

Post Thanks / Like

Red face my humble tank

its so very empty....but i've learned the hard way that you need to take you time with a salt water fish tank. probably will add more stuff to it when my new job starts.