Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie - lots of photos

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a great set of photos and you really can see how much Charlie is enjoying himself as part of a new gang. That's interesting about having been a 'swimmer' -- I have read that sometimes, those puppies don't survive at all? But that sometimes you can get them to start building up strength in their legs too. The SM could well also make him have no sensation in his paws and little ability to use them. Many human SM sufferers end up in wheelchairs with little limb function or strength. I sure hope his surgery and rehab will help address all these problems. I know Cathy already had plans for some hydrotherapy! Charlie sure ploughs ahead regardless, doesn't he? He hasn't lost any will to live.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She said sometimes 'swimmers' are just too fat to lift themselves. Their feedings need to be monitored closely to regulate their weight. Then they can often get strong enough to lift themselves. Charlie came from a puppy mill, so nobody would have monitored him under those conditions.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy: Thanks for sharing these photos. Charlie has a look in his eyes that speaks of how much he has been through, yet he still has the spunk to WooWoo and scare off those mechanical birds! We will be thinking of you and Charlie on Thursday.
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

You can totally tell he is woo woooing!! That little puckered up mouth is a dead giveaway! I love how India is watching out for him. Yes, I see the splayed front legs. The picture really shows what they look like. So glad he is with you.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Cathy, bless you for taking such good care of him. He is such a handsome lad, and so unusual looking with those long skinny legs. I know you'll have him built up and strong in no time.
    Owned by Barkley the CKCS , Sweet Pea the ET , and three goofy cats!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you sharing all these wonderful photos of Charlie. It's good to see he's still a spunky lad despite his ailments. To have a wonderful mum like you and a sister like India to look after him. Charlie will be better than he's ever been in no time.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful photos, thankyou so much for sharing them
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

These are lovely pictures. I really admire your work with Charlie, he seems to have found his place among the other dogs. And India, what an angel to look after him like that.
    Last edited by ourempire; 4th November 2007 at 08:33 PM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Aww! these pics are making me Charlie is so gorgeous and the pics of India looking over her shoulder to check on him are just so heart warming I know it's been said so many times..................Charlie has found the PERFECT family
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire L View Post
    Aww! these pics are making me Charlie is so gorgeous and the pics of India looking over her shoulder to check on him are just so heart warming I know it's been said so many times..................Charlie has found the PERFECT family

I couldn't agree more...every time I read about Charlie I get all choked up. Keeping Charlie in my prayers for this week's surgery. He really is lovely...and what a sweet sister he has.
    Lynn
    Momma to Molly (blen) Maxwell (tri) Nora (blen) and 2 kitties

Ohhh yeah...and 2 human (20 & 21 yr old) "children"