• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie - lots of photos

Cathy Moon

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0072-1.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0081-1.jpg

DSC_0082-1.jpg

DSC_0089-1.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Thanks for the pictures of Charlie. It looks like India is taking care of him. She seems to be watching him in the background. How is Charlie feeling today?

Charlie is feeling sleepy this morning. I didn't think he'd get up early, but when I fed the dogs he decided to eat with them. Then I managed to get him outside for a quick wee. Now he's curled up in his bed snoozing.:slp:

You're right about India. She has seen him struggle to get up on the deck and he stumbles and falls quite a bit. She's Charlie's guardian angel.*ng*l She stays near him and watches over him. I've even seen her jump all over Geordie when he was interfering with me trying to lift Charlie.

Good Girl India - you bash your brother when Mummy is helping Charlie - silly boys aren't they.

Merls and Oaks (we like girls)

oh bless him - he's so fine boned Cathy, I'm not surprised he has some mobility difficulties. looks like you've done really well getting the weight off - he's looking good.

Is he woo woo wooing in the 2nd one?? LOL

Bless India, they are such stars aren't they? Kyla looks after Rupert, esp when we are out...

He doesn't have much muscle on his legs; that's why they look so spindly. He is physically handicapped. After his surgery, we will need to address some of his orthopedic problems.

Yes, he was woo wooing! At a squirrel he heard rustling in the trees behind the fence! He also barks at airplanes!

Chocolate's breeder saw these photos and thinks Charlie may have been a 'swimmer' as a puppy. His front legs splay out far apart when he lays down, and he doesn't have the use of his front paws for holding chews and toys like the others.

Just playing catch up, how lovely to meet Charlie and what a credit he is to you Cathy!! Agree with Nicki and also your breeder, he possibly could have been a swimmer, am sure you might be able to build his muscle tone up with some swimming/water therapy maybe?

India!! :lotsaluv: What a wonderful girl you are looking after Charlie so nicely for your Mom, it's amazing how some of the girls will "adopt" or take a younger/sick/less-able bodied one "under their wing" I think, these pics have really cheered me up!! :lotsaluv:

He's such a brave and handsome boy. Thats so sweet about India looking after him what a sweetheart :):):)

What a great set of photos and you really can see how much Charlie is enjoying himself as part of a new gang. That's interesting about having been a 'swimmer' -- I have read that sometimes, those puppies don't survive at all? But that sometimes you can get them to start building up strength in their legs too. The SM could well also make him have no sensation in his paws and little ability to use them. Many human SM sufferers end up in wheelchairs with little limb function or strength. :( I sure hope his surgery and rehab will help address all these problems. I know Cathy already had plans for some hydrotherapy! Charlie sure ploughs ahead regardless, doesn't he? He hasn't lost any will to live.

She said sometimes 'swimmers' are just too fat to lift themselves. Their feedings need to be monitored closely to regulate their weight. Then they can often get strong enough to lift themselves. Charlie came from a puppy mill, so nobody would have monitored him under those conditions.

Cathy: Thanks for sharing these photos. Charlie has a look in his eyes that speaks of how much he has been through, yet he still has the spunk to WooWoo and scare off those mechanical birds! We will be thinking of you and Charlie on Thursday.

You can totally tell he is woo woooing!! That little puckered up mouth is a dead giveaway! I love how India is watching out for him. Yes, I see the splayed front legs. The picture really shows what they look like. So glad he is with you.

Oh Cathy, bless you for taking such good care of him. He is such a handsome lad, and so unusual looking with those long skinny legs. I know you'll have him built up and strong in no time.

Thank you sharing all these wonderful photos of Charlie. It's good to see he's still a spunky lad despite his ailments. To have a wonderful mum like you and a sister like India to look after him. Charlie will be better than he's ever been in no time.

These are lovely pictures. I really admire your work with Charlie, he seems to have found his place among the other dogs. And India, what an angel to look after him like that.

Last edited:
Aww! these pics are making me :cry*ing:Charlie is so gorgeous and the pics of India looking over her shoulder to check on him are just so heart warming :lotsaluv: I know it's been said so many times..................Charlie has found the PERFECT family :lotsaluv::lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

Aww! these pics are making me :cry*ing:Charlie is so gorgeous and the pics of India looking over her shoulder to check on him are just so heart warming :lotsaluv: I know it's been said so many times..................Charlie has found the PERFECT family :lotsaluv::lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

I couldn't agree more...every time I read about Charlie I get all choked up. Keeping Charlie in my prayers for this week's surgery. He really is lovely...and what a sweet sister he has.

Back