Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And there goes another principle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wink And there goes another principle...

Molly is now 13 months old. From the beginning we decided that she was NOT supposed to sleep in our bed! We taught her to sleep on the floor besides the bed - and kept it! Until two months ago! It began pouring down with rain in the bedroom, and we had to move out and downstairs, until it was fixed.
    We THEN decided that it was okay for Molly to sleep in our temporary beds downstairs - it is SO nice! She just cuddles up and enjoys being there...
    But: Now the roof has been fixed, and all that's left is to get the bedroom re-painted. We COULD sleep in the bedroom now, but both of us are stalling the decision, because: What about Molly? She would feel SO lonely back in her crate at the floor!
    None of us wants to be the one who decides that she just has to sleep in our bed upstairs. We are definitely postponing the time where we have to move back - for the sake of Molly!
    I'll bet that in two weeks time we'll have a cavalier sleeping in our bed! One year of hard training wasted

Post Thanks / Like

Had a feeling this would happen!!

Personnally I find that my dogs generally get too hot on/in the bed with me and end up finding a more comfy spot close to me but on the floor. I would give Molly the choice, leave her Kennel Cab in the room with the door open and let her make her own choice, she may just surprise you!!

Now, what's your new colour scheme going to be I wonder?
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ha ha - yes, I am actually surprised myself that we stood by our decision a whole year!

Colours? We are not that creative: white as it was before!

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh! White eh? Now if that was me I'd be jazzing that up with lots of jewel coloured rugs and throws and quilts, EVERYTHING goes with white!!
    Cathryn
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry, Cathryn, then you migth be disappointed with this:

We moved in a year ago, and we have chosen a bright, Nordic style. Partly because of the walls, partly because we have big plans. We want to keep this bedroom as a "private lounge", where we can enjoy Sunday morning brunch and newspapers, and we want to install a big screen, where we can watch epic historic films (a combined bedroom/lounge/cinema)...
    In a couple of weeks we will get our new black blinds, so we can create complete darkness in the room. Because we want so many functions with the room we decided to keep the colouring and decorating simple.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the room! The more functional it is - the better.

Now for the important matter! Zack, Zena and Ziggy sleep on my bed with me every night. Generally Zena sleeps near my face while Ziggy snuggles by my feet and Zack keeps my back warm by lieing next to me. I understand its a deeply personal choice, but I really can't see any reason why Molly can't share the bed with you.
    Last edited by jcj528; 5th November 2007 at 08:41 PM.
    Julie and the Z-Team
    Miami, Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks! Well, it was my doing, actually. I had never had a dog before, just cats, so I thought the bed would be filled with fleas and stuff!
    Little did I know how much Molly would mean to me, and how lovely a cavalier is!

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, let her sleep in the bed! I know I would miss my snuggle-bug if he wasn't next to me at night.

Post Thanks / Like

Why does this sound so familiar

Oh yes, we trained Murphy to sleep downstairs in the kitchen, after 9 months the O/H said 'he can sleep with us tonight'

Ha! He's now nearly two and still shares our bed He practically lies on top of us, we still have our summer duvet on in-case I melt from the heat off him

Post Thanks / Like

Not disapointed at all!! More green with envy!

Wow!! That is some bedroom, talk about the ultimate relaxation room!! When can I come over over to try it out?? (Frantically starts hunting for passport! )

Molly! You are one lucky girl!!
    Cathryn