• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

And there goes another principle...

ourempire

Molly is now 13 months old. From the beginning we decided that she was NOT supposed to sleep in our bed! We taught her to sleep on the floor besides the bed - and kept it! Until two months ago! It began pouring down with rain in the bedroom, and we had to move out and downstairs, until it was fixed.
We THEN decided that it was okay for Molly to sleep in our temporary beds downstairs - it is SO nice! She just cuddles up and enjoys being there...
But: Now the roof has been fixed, and all that's left is to get the bedroom re-painted. We COULD sleep in the bedroom now, but both of us are stalling the decision, because: What about Molly? She would feel SO lonely back in her crate at the floor!
None of us wants to be the one who decides that she just has to sleep in our bed upstairs. We are definitely postponing the time where we have to move back - for the sake of Molly!:roll:
I'll bet that in two weeks time we'll have a cavalier sleeping in our bed! One year of hard training wasted :D

:rotfl: Had a feeling this would happen!!

Personnally I find that my dogs generally get too hot on/in the bed with me and end up finding a more comfy spot close to me but on the floor. I would give Molly the choice, leave her Kennel Cab in the room with the door open and let her make her own choice, she may just surprise you!!

Now, what's your new colour scheme going to be I wonder? icon_nwunsure

Ha ha - yes, I am actually surprised myself that we stood by our decision a whole year!

Colours? We are not that creative: white as it was before! :)

Ohh! White eh? Now if that was me I'd be jazzing that up with lots of jewel coloured rugs and throws and quilts, EVERYTHING goes with white!! (y)

Sorry, Cathryn, then you migth be disappointed with this:

1877011631_8c890afd04.jpg

1877829820_7f45246a34.jpg

We moved in a year ago, and we have chosen a bright, Nordic style. Partly because of the walls, partly because we have big plans. We want to keep this bedroom as a "private lounge", where we can enjoy Sunday morning brunch and newspapers, and we want to install a big screen, where we can watch epic historic films (a combined bedroom/lounge/cinema)...
In a couple of weeks we will get our new black blinds, so we can create complete darkness in the room. Because we want so many functions with the room we decided to keep the colouring and decorating simple.

I love the room! The more functional it is - the better.

Now for the important matter! Zack, Zena and Ziggy sleep on my bed with me every night. Generally Zena sleeps near my face while Ziggy snuggles by my feet and Zack keeps my back warm by lieing next to me. I understand its a deeply personal choice, but I really can't see any reason why Molly can't share the bed with you.

Last edited:
Thanks! Well, it was my doing, actually. I had never had a dog before, just cats, so I thought the bed would be filled with fleas and stuff! :rolleyes:
Little did I know how much Molly would mean to me, and how lovely a cavalier is!

Why does this sound so familiaricon_nwunsure

Oh yes, we trained Murphy to sleep downstairs in the kitchen, after 9 months the O/H said 'he can sleep with us tonight'

Ha! He's now nearly two and still shares our bed:lol: He practically lies on top of us, we still have our summer duvet on in-case I melt from the heat off him

Not disapointed at all!! More green with envy! :lol:

Wow!! That is some bedroom, talk about the ultimate relaxation room!! When can I come over over to try it out?? (Frantically starts hunting for passport! :lol: )

Molly! You are one lucky girl!!

Thank you, Cathryn! You are definitely welcome! Just tell me when to pick you up :)
And to all of you: Well, we have now given in. Molly IS going to sleep in our beds from now on - after all, we DID resist for nearly a year...

While this style is nothing like my own (I live in a Victorian, and NOT ONE WALL is painted white - ha! - oh, except the bead board), it certainly looks and sounds quite relaxing. :)

While I was house-breaking Molly, she slept in her crate all night in my bedroom with me. But as soon as I was sure she had the hang of going out to do her business, I let her into my bed, and I'd never go back! She still has the option to go into her crate or even her own little doggie bed, if she wants... both are in my bedroom, but I'd surely miss her if she chose to do that! She usually curls up on the extra pillows or sleeps at the foot of the bed. :)

-laura

My Tilly and Tommy sleep with me most nights and I LOVE it! Tilly always sleep as close to my face as she can get and Tommy always sleeps on my legs. I wouldnt have it any other way. I am hoping to get Cavi number three soon and she will be free to join in!!

I completely agree with you, now I wouldn't miss the little fur-ball for a million! Right now she is pillaging the living room, hunting her toys...
By the way, I love the Victorian style! For many years we bought furniture planning to live in an older house, but when we actually went house-hunting we realized how much work it would require... so we ended up with a 50 year old house, but most of it had been renovated.

Ha! That story sounds so so familiar. Ginger sleeps with us on our bed too.. We kept her in her crate until last Christmas when we decided to let her sleep on our bed as our "Christmas gift". Well you know.. the rest is history. :p

My hubby and I are both cuddlers so we really don't mind having an extra cuddler on our bed. On some chilly nights I hug Ginger, and my husband hugs me, so we have a triple warming effect.

I'd leave the decision to Molly and where she chooses to sleep. As much as we'd hate to admit we are owned by our Cavaliers. :)

We haven't moved into the bedroom yet, the painters' are busy elsewhere - so for the moment she slees with us - in our beds - in the living room! :)

Thank you, Cathryn! You are definitely welcome! Just tell me when to pick you up :)
And to all of you: Well, we have now given in. Molly IS going to sleep in our beds from now on - after all, we DID resist for nearly a year...

Oh bless you! Would love to come over and meet you one day, will hold you to that then eh?? ;);) :hug:

Hi Cathryn! That's definitely a deal! You can catch a plane either to Esbjerg or Billund, both is close to where we live - or you can sail to Esbjerg (more comfortable for the furry ones!) :hug:

Cool! One trip I would love to do is come over through the channel tunnel then I can carry on to Julianatocht in Holland (I think that's right!) and meet up with a dear old friend of mine too!

Hmm next summer could be interesting!!:drivecar:

Back