• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What a day- I need a big nap!

OhMarley

My sisters took her cat to my work yesterday as she has been off food and vomiting a little. I went into to work today thinking silly cat eats like a pig probably has gastro...
However her blood results indicated she had an inflammed liver, so I started to feel worried, the cats only 14months old.
Then by 10am she had vomited again, again at 11, then 12 so I had a spack-attack at the vet saying SOMETHING IS WRONG!! PLUS her vomit was GREEN.
He agreed and called the other vet that has more experience, she felt there was a blockage and recommended an immediate exploratoy laparotomy... she would come in to do it. She's my friend, I trust her advice ... THANKGOD i did!
The stupid cat had eaten one of her mouse toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She's awake now and hasn't vomited so i fingers crossed she'll be ok.
What a stressful day!

Oh no! Just goes to show cats can be like dogs in eating small toys... glad you got him in so he could be seen by the vet i time.

Well done getting the cat the care it needed....and I can only imagine how stressful it was!! One of my cats is always vomitting food when it eats too much (my vet said often cats don't like the feeling of being full)...so I am not sure if I would be as alarmed...but after reading your post I will KNOW to pay close attention. Hope the kitty recovers well.

I just rang work this morning, she's wide awake and sitting up. So hopefully she'll just improve from here. I'm going into work soon I can't wait to give her a huge cuddle, she's rumbles like lawn mower!

On another cat note, I gave my family cat a hair cut... i'll post pictures soon... be prepared to have a big giggle ;)

Back