• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie is Home!

Cathy Moon

I just brought Charlie home this evening. He was doing so well that they wanted him to come home. He still has many of the same neurological symptoms (mainly mobility and vision in one eye) but he hasn't had any pain episodes yet.

Dr. A. said it's too soon to tell what the outcome will be, and I told him I knew that from the beginning, but we want Charlie to have this chance for a better life. We have to be cautiously optimistic because Charlie is the severest case Dr. A. has seen - he says Charlie is in a class of his own. So we can't jump for joy yet.

Dr. A. and his tech went over all the instructions and medications with me and answered questions (I had a list). He is taking Tramadol, which is very strong. I have never seen him so relaxed. His body and face are softer now. Charlie has a 2 week checkup scheduled for 12 days from now.

The little guy is in his crate resting comfortably. :slp: I am so relieved with each hurdle we cross.

This is great news and to be able to see some alleviation of pain in his face is hopeful. I'm glad he is home!

Wow, that is great! Hope he shows great improvement as he begins to recover. :)

I just know Charlie is so happy to be home with people who love him. Judy and Dixie

I am so, so happy to read this!! I've been checking all day for your post!

I hope you all can relax a bit now that he's home safe and sound.
God speed little man, let the healing begin! :rah:

This is so great-he'll recover the best in his loving home. I'm sure he'll have swelling inside that has to go down b4 he can begin to adjust. What a good peaceful night for you. Hugs to Charlie boy :luv:.

:w**h**: Oh that is fantastic news indeed, each little step forwards is a positive one, I am glad to hear that he has had no further pain episodes and hope that he continue's to show signs of improvement in other area's as the days and weeks pass by! :lotsaluv: Glad to hear he is so relaxed on his new medication too, HUGE, VERY Gentle :hug: and a big Kiss to Charlie from all of us here!!

Cathy, that's wonderful news. Everyone recovers better at home and I just know Charlie is going to feel so much better. I'm looking forward to reading about his progress her and in "his" blog.

Horray!!!! Such wonderful news!!!!!!! You must be thrilled to have him home!!! I pray that he heals well and that there are better than expected results for this precious boy.

Such great news to begin my day with!!!

We had an exhausting night with Charlie feeling pain when he moves his neck. :( I finally updated his blog, since he's having a nice nap right now. :slp:

Back