Thread: Newby from Bristol England

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newby from Bristol England

Hello everyone!
    My real name is Amy and I live in Bristol with my husband and 2 guinea pigs (Pickle and Pepper)

I am wanting to get a rescue Cav so i have been registering on lots of forums and reading everything I can find out about them so when I am able to give one a forever home I can give them the best home possible.

so for now thats me
    A

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Amy, Welcome!
    I'm not far from you in Swindon, Wilts.

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like

ah the place of the magic roundabout. i know swindon quite well we used to go swimming there alot.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hi Amy and alison, too

I'm also in Swindon and new to this forum. Seems a bit cheeky for me to say welcome, so I'll just say hi. This is a great place to learn (and waste time) about our darling furry chums.

I'd just like to say, for goodness sake get out now while you still have a chance! Honestly, Cavaliers are appalling dogs, you wouldn't want one as a gift . There are some very nice plush toys around, I'd get one of those.

On the other hand, if I can work out where to stick the stamps, I'll post you my horror - Archie. (Ever found the last page of your holiday book chewed off? It had been 'edited' by Archie)

Seriously, though, I hope you find the dog of your dreams (please see above for my recommendation)

Post Thanks / Like

ok now i am confused......

are you saying do get one or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes DO.

It's the most rewarding thing that you can do believe me.

Just a little advice first: if you have never done this before then try to find a good gentle training class in your area along with an approachable behaviourist before hand just incase you find yourself with a few problems. Ask for their advice freely.
    Advice sought early will prevent the little issues becoming larger and give you the confidence to carry on. Your vet or a groomer may carry a list or ask around when you see others out walking with dogs if they can recommend a name etc in your local area.

The P.D.T.A (Pet Dog Training Assoc.) would be another good contact.

Then ENJOY the rewards.

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~