• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ducks!

-leah-

Hi,

just wondering does anybody have experience with ducks as pets??

or know anywere you can get ducks in Ireland??

A friend of mine has had a pet duck for a few years and she loves it. Her kids brought an egg that they found into the house and the thing hatched!!! So they raised it from birth. I haven't actually seen it, but the whole family loves it. It even travels in the family conversion van on trips from Florida to New Jersey. She also has purchased costumes for it...like a tux...but I think that is WAY over the top. :eek:

Haha Debby that is so hilarious and amazing! It is funny imagine a duck travelling with a human family from Florida to New Jersey.

Aaaaflac!

omg thats crazy!!

my friend really wants a duck and I was thinking of getting her one for christmas..
I rang around a few local vets today and they all thought i was mad!

When I was growing up our neighbor had a pet white duck. The parents gave it to the children at Easter. The duck's name was Ralphie and he was AWESOME! Ralphie followed us kids around, we incorporated him into our games. Ralphie got along fine with our dog and with his owner's dogs (German Shorthair Pointers!).

Once, our backyard flooded after a big downpour and of course Ralphie came over to swim around. I don't remember what happened to Ralphie... we only lived there three years and Ralphie was still going strong when we left the neighborhood.

Back