• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Flees!

*Pauline*

Over the last 2 days, I have found and squashed 4 flees on Dylan.

I put some Frontline on Dylan on 5th October. It's meant to last 2 months and be reapplied on 30th November.

I know it doesn't stop them actually getting the flees and they should be dead soon but could they have infested my home?

Do you think I should give Dylan the Frontline early?

I thought you put on flea meds every month... We don't use Frontline but we use K9 Advantix and according to its instructions you put it on each month...

Fleas are yucky! Ginger doesn't have any fleas right now but it was crazy during the summer and once I found 13 fleas --- YUCK!!
00020075.gif

I just read through the instructions and it says it lasts "approximately" 2 months, and for tick control, it lasts only a month so as it's nearly 6 weeks, I just put some on again and I'm going to hoover and change his bedding.

The Frontline we use has to be applied every month...I think what we use is called 'Frontline Plus'. Sorry you are having problems with fleas!

As Teddy has a dust mite allergy the vets recommended Virbac flea spray, as it's one of the few that deals with mites as well as fleas. The problem was that, using it meant having to seal the fishtank as it is too large to move to another room and after all the rigmarol of treatment, it made no difference, as he's probably allergic to something , as yet undiscovered, too.

Ive just had the same problem....actrually found one crawling down my arm not on the dog or cats?! :eek: I was bitten last night also. I cant find any fleas on the gang though??

All 3 cats and Holly are frontlined so i don't know where the little buggers come from but i've bought a couple of flea bombs from pets at home today and done the bedroom and will do the living room as i go to bed.

*itches!* xx

I prefer the 'Frontline Combo' over the 'Frontline', as the Combo protects the home too, t is more expensive though.

Fleas really are disgusting little things:mad: We found a lot of dirt around Murphys tail last month but no sign of fleas thank god. Touch wood thats the only encounter we've had this year:)

I prefer the 'Frontline Combo' over the 'Frontline', as the Combo protects the home too, t is more expensive though.

Fleas really are disgusting little things:mad: We found a lot of dirt around Murphy's tail last month but no sign of fleas thank god. Touch wood thats the only encounter we've had this year:)

I haven't heard of Frontline Combo. How does it protect the home?

Hi Pauline, sorry Dylan has picked up fleas, the treatment will probably be working but if you see the fleas you need to wash all his bedding and spray right around the house, especially nooks and crannies. Give a thorough hoover first. I use a spray that protects the house for 12 months, it kills the adult fleas and their larvae and prevents hatching eggs from developing into fleas. It's called Zodiac.

I haven't heard of Frontline Combo. How does it protect the home?

I get it from my vet. Not sure how exactly it works, but it stop eggs hatching, and developing. From what I remember(don't have a box at the mo) it protects where your pet has been. Typical that I don't have any at the mo:rolleyes:

Last edited:
ohh best of luck with this situation.
before we got oliver..we had (have still) two cats...tehy managed to bring the evil little bugs into the house..it was pure hell trying to get rid of htem.
of course the fleas liked MY room..cause the cats did.
and the fleas came after me cause they infested my room ....id find msyelf picking htem off and throwing them out the car window.
it was disgusting

we got one of those ..raid things i dont knwo if they still make them... you plug it in..they were attracted to the green light..feel threw the cracks and got stuck on that sticky yellow thing..

that plus doused my rooom in flea spray..
really i dont remember much it was in elementry school i think.. my mom delt with it..gigles
regardless we havnt had a problem since.
thank god

best of luck

I feel for you Pauline....

Merls got fleas last year, they just wouldn't let up. Eventually I had to take hime to the vets to get stronghold to kill the little blighters.

I then spent a fortune on flea bombs etc and some stuff from the vets that was £17 a bottle!

We were due to go on holiday so Granny had the great job of ensuring my lttle man was flea less. They were all around his winky poor chap.:paw:

That is cheap! Thanks for the link. It says you need a prescription from your vet though. I wonder how much that will cost.

Just checked, by law they cannot charge for a prescription.

Even cheaper here at vet-medic and if you get a wormer, you don't have to pay any shipping for any of your order.
http://www.vet-medic.com/product_info.aspx?pCode=FRON18

You don't need a prescption, i buy it all the time....vet uk now does free P&P on frontline and drontal

Back