• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Silly Question, please don't laugh.

bimmerguy288

Hello all,
Newie here. Very informative forum. We are considering getting a cavalier pup in a few months, debating whether to get a boy or a girl. My silly question is, if we get a girl and have her sprayed, will she still have the "heat cycle" and discharge? we just started the research process so please forgive my ignorance. BTW, if anyone can pass the names of reputable breeders in Maryland and Virginia area, I will truly appreciate it.

Tia.

Hello all,
Newie here. Very informative forum. We are considering getting a cavalier pup in a few months, debating whether to get a boy or a girl. My silly question is, if we get a girl and have her sprayed, will she still have the "heat cycle" and discharge? we just started the research process so please forgive my ignorance. BTW, if anyone can pass the names of reputable breeders in Maryland and Virginia area, I will truly appreciate it.

Tia.

No, a spay ([SIZE=-1]ovariohysterectomy)[/SIZE] takes out the uterus and ovaries.
The best place to start looking at breeders is:
www.ckcsc.org and www.ackcsc.org Find a couple you think you like and then ask around about them. Breeders will usually steer people to other reputable breeders.

Not a silly question at all. :) I have some advice for finding a good breeder in the Library section:

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=11335

But anyone with a specific suggestion can of course send you a PM.

A spayed female won't have cycles at all -- more info on spaying here:

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=10784

Any reputable breeder will have a requirement to spay within her or hs contract. (y). Good breeders recognise the differece betweeb dogsthat have the qualities that should be perpetuated in a breeding prgrmamme -- and the lovely pet quality dogs that will find loving homes with those of us who want a companion. :)

As Woodhaven says, start by looking for breeders within the two main US breed clubs but consider that simply a starting point. The very minimum should be membership of one or both of these clubs but from that point on, you need to do your research and ask the breeder lots of questins (and good breeders will be asking you a good few questions too! :) ).

Thank you. I did check out ckcsc.org and ackcsc.org for list of breeders in my area, just wanted to hear more opinions. I am sure we will have more questions as the research process goes along. I know it's a big commitment.

Thanks again for your help.

Wish you very good luck in finding your perfect Cavalier! They will bring so much joy to your life. Please be sure to visit us when you get your puppy and post pictures!!! :snap:

Back