Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandy update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brandy update

Well we have visited the little guy in hospital and I'm very pleased to say that's so far he's doing great! Actually he's the happiest I've seen him since the initial operation which just goes to show that he must have been in pain since the beginning and me and the vet was just putting it down to post-op discomfort.

Anyway they finished operating on him on 1.30 am on Saturday morning and the vet rang me a couple of times throughout the night to keep me informed on how he was doing, the next couple of hours were going to be crucial and so far so good. We saw him yesterday afternoon and again this morning and he was barking his head off -.

Now, because they had to remove some bowel and stitch/join the ends together the big test will be when they give him some solid food to eat. He cannot vomit it up and he has to poop. That will be today hopefully.

Also, with major abdo surgery like this there still is a danger of sepsis and infection so really even though he's in great form right now he still might crash. But YES, so far so good.

He was DELIGHTED to see us but incredible sad to see us leave and we could hear him howling as we closed the door behind him. We hated leaving him there.

AND
    WE may even have him home on Tueday.

AND THANKS ALL for all the wonderful messages of support - they have obviously helped Bran XXX

So Big HUGGIES and KISSES to all of you from all of us.
    (But keep sending them till we know he's home safe and sound)!!
    Max (Tri Babe) & Bran (The Ruby Man) & Springer Sal (Waiting at the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah thats great news - so glad little Bran is feeling a little better.
    Hugs still coming across from us in blighty -so keep fighting little man
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. We will keep Bran in our prayers that this is a very healthy healing time for him. I told my daughter about him and started crying. She thought one of ours was in trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

What excellent news!! Praying he continues to recover and is home soon.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh thank goodness - we are all worrying about him here. Relieved to hear that he is doing a bit better, let's hope he keeps his spirits up and manages to eat something and pass it ok.

Please keep us posted - still sending lots of positive thoughts and huggles for the special wee guy.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness he's doing well, so far. I trust that the vet is paying for all care as it's all down to himself or a colleague. There should be compensation, too. It can't cancel out Brandy's suffering, but could be donated to help another animal in need of sepcial care.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news, only just read your other thread just now, just to let you know that we're thinking of you all, and you'l have hime home on Tuesday
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

great news!! Hope he continues to imporove!
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, thank goodness, Barkley and I pray that he heals up very quickly. Poor little guy!
    Owned by Barkley the CKCS , Sweet Pea the ET , and three goofy cats!

Post Thanks / Like

that is great i am so happy that he is doing alot better!!!
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)