• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Brandy update

sannie

Well we have visited the little guy in hospital and I'm very pleased to say that's so far he's doing great! Actually he's the happiest I've seen him since the initial operation which just goes to show that he must have been in pain since the beginning and me and the vet was just putting it down to post-op discomfort.

Anyway they finished operating on him on 1.30 am on Saturday morning and the vet rang me a couple of times throughout the night to keep me informed on how he was doing, the next couple of hours were going to be crucial and so far so good. We saw him yesterday afternoon and again this morning and he was barking his head off -:p.

Now, because they had to remove some bowel and stitch/join the ends together the big test will be when they give him some solid food to eat. He cannot vomit it up and he has to poop. That will be today hopefully.

Also, with major abdo surgery like this there still is a danger of sepsis and infection so really even though he's in great form right now he still might crash. But YES, so far so good.

He was DELIGHTED to see us but incredible sad to see us leave and we could hear him howling as we closed the door behind him. We hated leaving him there.

AND
WE may even have him home on Tueday.b*n*n*

AND THANKS ALL for all the wonderful messages of support - they have obviously helped Bran XXX

So Big HUGGIES and KISSES to all of you from all of us.:thnku:
(But keep sending them till we know he's home safe and sound)!!

Ah thats great news - so glad little Bran is feeling a little better.
Hugs still coming across from us in blighty -so keep fighting little man:paw:

Thanks for the update. We will keep Bran in our prayers that this is a very healthy healing time for him. I told my daughter about him and started crying. She thought one of ours was in trouble. :xfngr:

Oh thank goodness - we are all worrying about him here. Relieved to hear that he is doing a bit better, let's hope he keeps his spirits up and manages to eat something and pass it ok.

Please keep us posted - still sending lots of positive thoughts and huggles for the special wee guy.

Thank goodness he's doing well, so far. I trust that the vet is paying for all care as it's all down to himself or a colleague. There should be compensation, too. It can't cancel out Brandy's suffering, but could be donated to help another animal in need of sepcial care.

Great news, only just read your other thread just now, just to let you know that we're thinking of you all, and :xfngr:you'l have hime home on Tuesday

Oh that's great news, I'm sending him get well soon vibes and l hope it's not to long before he's back home with you where he belongs

Wonderul news! I hope Bran continues on the road to recovery. :) Please continue to keep us posted!

So glad he has come through his operation and continued healing thoughts for him -- he has been a fighter so far. :flwr:

Oh gosh, I just read your other thread & felt shocked to hear what happened. I am so pleased to hear that he sounds like he is going to be ok. What a terrible thing to happen.

Just caught up with this story, what an awful thing to have happened to him through someones carelessness. So pleased to hear that he is improving and should be back home with you shortly. Send him a huge :hug: from us.

Back