• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

More news on Brandy

sannie

An update

Brandy’s bowel perforated on Wednesday and the contents seeped into his abdomen causing peritonitis. His original surgical site broke down. More surgery was performed on
Wednesday evening, to repair the original surgical site, to place a patch over that area so as to promote healing to the wound in his intestines and his abdominal area was washed out to clean out any gunk and bacteria that would have emptied from his bowel into that area, to prevent further infection.

This is quite an aggressive procedure and was carried out again yesterday.

Bran was also given a blood transfusion last evening as his own blood protein was quite low, blood protein is essential for healing so he needed that extra boost to improve his chances.

This is all quite a lot for a little dog and he is of course, still critical.

I wonder how much more he can take and I have spoken extensively to the vets looking after him that Bran is the priority and if at some stage his suffering is just too much that they have to stop – not an easy decision to make but Brandy just shouldn’t have to go though any of this never mind going through it all again a second time. I haven’t seen him this time around, he’s sedated anyway and he’s just too sick right now.

I will have more news this morning – hopefully today they will finally re-stitch his abdomen and he starts the steps to recovery. But one step at a time, and he could go backwards as well as forwards as we have discovered.

Actually as I type, they just rang me to say he’s a little brighter this morning but he faces more surgery today under anaesthetic
And there are the usual risks with that also. So again we wait.

Guys, thanks for giving me this forum to let you know how he is – it’s a wonderful outlet.

Bran’s a fighter and it sure helps to know all of you here are fighting for him also.

Xx, sannie

Sannie i really feel for u, as reading that i had tears in my eyes i know it is so hard to cope with when one of ur babies get sick like that!!! please keep us informed of how he gets on!!

Continuing to hold little Bran in my heart & in prayer. Hang on little one, you can beat this.

Sannie, Bran is in my prayers. I hope he pulls through this. I really feel for you now. :xfngr: he gets a little brighter everyday.

Poor Brandy, what an awful time for you all. Sending lots of :hug: for a speedy recovery. And keeping everything :xfngr:

Brandy, hang in there little man ; we're all rooting for you :hug::hug:

This must be so hard for you Sannie, please know that you and Bran are in my thoughts and prayers :xfngr: for a full recovery for this little guy and big {{{{HUGS}}}} to you.

ahh Bran's story just breaks my heart. I've learned from this story to be vigilant with surgeries in dogs as well as humans and make sure to ask them to count before and after. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he improves. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the update on Brandy. Come on little fella you can do it. Sounds like he's being so brave. :xfngr: for a speedy recovery. Sending :hug:to you all

Thank you for telling us the latest news on Bran. He is a survivor and I hope he can give this one more good fight. Thinking of you.

Oh that poor little man. He is sure having a hard time of it.

Man, I sure hope that verterinary practice is giving Bran VIP treatment.

I wonder how much more he can take and I have spoken extensively to the vets looking after him that Bran is the priority and if at some stage his suffering is just too much that they have to stop.

Sannie, if Bran is heavily sedated, it is likely he is so out of it and hopefully/probably unaware of what is happening. Also, if Bran can make it through this he should mend & be as fit & healthy as any other dog. This is a terrible thing to be having happen, but it has a beginning, a middle & an end. Be strong & positive & focus on that end being your bringing Bran home where he will recover fully.

I agree with you 100% that there is a limit to how much a dog should have to endure to get well, but I'd sure be riding that vet with my barbed spurs on & with my riding crop working overtime. Oh I forgot to mention the thorns under the saddle.

Awaiting good news!

Thinking of Brandy and you too. Hang on and keep fighting little man. Hugs and kisses for you both.

I'm praying things turn out good for little Bran,:xfngr: he's such a brave little man big hugs to you all from us

My prayers are with Bran and your family. Please keep us updated!!! This must be devastating for you all. Keep trying little angel!:xfngr::flwr:

Back