• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just Joined

James

Hello
I have just joined the forum, I am the servant of Toby the Blenheim who is 13years and almost 4 months. He was a rescue dog, He exploded into my life when he was 5.
He has his own small website http://www.tobydug.co.uk
He still is in relatively good health but is a little stiff due to arthritis. Any advice on the arthritis would be appreciated as he does not tolerate metacalm very well, he is on glucosamine sulphate.

My springers who lived to 14 and 15 had arthritis (this is several years ago) and the vet suggested cuttingout red meat to take pressure off the kidneys and to feed pilchards a couple of times a week. it did seem to help.

My boy, Monty was 12 last week and as yet is quite spry, though he has a medium murmur.

Welcome, I just love hearing about the older dogs.....He is beautiful. Judy and Dixie

icon_welcome to the board. Looking forward to checking out Toby's site in a few minutes. :) Our lab had very bad arthritis when he got to 13, and our vet told us to put some cod liver oil in his food to lubricate his joints. Has anyone else heard of this? I'm not sure if it's a good idea for cavs as my mistress Cleo is only 18 months old and so I've not dealt with arthritis with her yet. But perhaps someone here can advise.

Welcome. So glad to have you here. I think you'll find we have a special places in all our hearts for our seniors. In fact, did you see we have an entire photo section dedicated just to our seniors? Toby looks so sweet.

Back