Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: raw hide

Post Thanks / Like

indy loves rawhides but he only gets them on holidays and times that we can literally be in the room with him the whole time he's enjoying them because he gets through them very quickly. last weekend while we were visiting guests, he discovered (I'm assuming pig) hooves and he chewed away happily for hours without making a dent. i haven't heard much about hooves good or bad, but it seemed much safer than the rawhide and my friend's lab loves them. also very good for the teeth....anyone have experiences with hooves?
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like

The breeder that I got my pup from told me: no greenies, no rawhide and no pig ears. She told me hooves, knuckles and ribs were okay. I usually give Lexie hooves, they usually last a week or two(sometimes longer). Make sure the hooves are from the US. I occasionaly will buy her a rib or bully stick or bully strap, but she kinda acts crazy when she gets those treats.

p.s. The above treats will cause stinky breath and fur.
    Kelly, Lexie & Portia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by we luv lexi View Post
    thanks!
    its just that my husband had come home very enthusiastic and proud with a package of rawhide bones and i smiled and said thank you but very unsure if i should even give them to her. so i gave her one so he wouldnt feel bad but i wasnt sure if they were "allowed" to eat this.
    thanks now i can give them and be guilt-free!
    hehehehe thats so cute !
    RIP Jakey my beautiful bleinhem boy
    To all my other pets that have passed, I'll see you again until then I love you all xox