• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The value of this board....

toblerone

Before I get caught up in the post-illness convalesence of Wyatt (I pick him up mid-day tomorrow--Thursday) I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation of this board. I think this was a thread just a little while ago but I didn't post then. I wonder--what did folks do before the internet???? You can post a question, a request for good thoughts or just a general comment and receive responses in just minutes, no matter what time of day or night.

It brought me comfort to receive the messages of support I got for Wyatt. And when Gizmo was in his end-stage MVD saga the first of this year the same was true. I joined for comfort August 2006 when my almost 16-year old cavalier, Toby, died. And I got it.

But I have also received good information, not just comfort. Whether posting my own questions or reading inquiries and responses of others I've learned things about cavaliers that have been very helpful. Sure, some of them I may read with some skepticism but that's okay too. To be able to reach out to an international group of cavalier lovers is very valuable to me. I don't often post comments when I read messages. But I read them all.

Maybe because we just celebrated Thanksgiving here in US, and I was thinking about what I was grateful for, led me to think of this board. And I am thankful for this community. And I'm also thankful for the people who volunteer their time to keep it running and running well.

Okay, enough of this. Time to do some more laundry to prepare for Wyatt's homecoming!

Margaret

I know what you mean - what did people do before the internet? We're so lucky to have this a resource! :D

Whether posting my own questions or reading inquiries and responses of others I've learned things about cavaliers that have been very helpful.

Isn't this the truth? I swear I call my parents (Bentley's grandparents) at least 3-4 times a week with new things about Cavaliers and what they should and shouldn't be giving him, since they're with him all day when I'm at work.

This board is amazing and I'm so grateful to have it as a resource. Lord only knows where Bentley and I would be without it!!

I couldn't agree more!

"Proof" of the value of this board can't truly be calculated in any real terms except to think of all the lives it has saved...from the rescued cavies to the little ones like Bella who was sick on thanksgiving and because of the immediate response to her mom's posting, Bella is happy & healthy today!

When we first had the puppies I bought a stack of books on Cavaliers...and some were very good, but NONE were as imformative and up to date as the information you get here. Plus you get debates on the way to do certain things...always good to hear different views.

Thank you so much Margaret for posting your thoughts on this topic because I am deeply grateful to everyone here and constantly want to say 'thanks'.

Back