• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Duh

Cathy T

Jake has been scratching like crazy lately, also noticed he was really scratching his ear. I cleaned his ears earlier this week and there was brown crud on the cotton pad. Hmmm....I said.....yuck, you have dirty ears. Then this morning his bottom eyelids came up and it looked like his eyes were bothering him. Off to the vet we went. Sure enough....he has an ear infection. I was clueless!! I didn't think his ears smelled bad, I thought they were supposed to smell like that. And thought the brown guck was just dirty ear guck. They cleaned his ears up and gave him a treatment. Now he's on ear drops twice a day for the next two weeks. Hubby will have fun with that since I leave in a week to go visit my parents!!

Also....Jake is 27.4 lbs!! Holy cow! My vet says he could stand to lose a pound or two but he's not much overweight. She did comment on how tall he is. The downside is that if he needs to lose a pound or two.....Miss Shell Bell....the chubster....needs to lose like 4 or 5 lbs! Sorry kids, I know it's the holiday season and all of that, but you are one a diet starting today!!!

Im having the EXACT same problem!!! Veda is now at i believe, right around twenty four pounds but doesnt look fat at all!!! Just put her on a diet but she acts like I'm starving her! Then when i put down her food shes too excited to eat that she doesn't even chew it! Had a problem last week with her throwing her unchewed kibble right back up and so i started to wet it down and today we are having pretty soft stools. I can't win. You think that has anything to do with me wetting down the food?!

Ugh, I'm rambling. Mostly i responded to ask, how tall is jake, do you know?!

Cathy T said:
Hubby will have fun with that since I leave in a week to go visit my parents!!

Good luck, it takes two of us to clean SiânE ears, it looks like a wrestling match trying to hold her still. :rolleyes:

Cathy T said:
Also....Jake is 27.4 lbs!! Holy cow!

He’s not fat he just big boned (like SiânE;)) she weights in at a trim 26 lbs.

I'll have to measure to see how tall he is. But he is quite tall. When we go to Cavalier gatherings I can always pick Jake out of the crowd...he's head and shoulders above everyone else.

I'll have to measure to see how tall he is. But he is quite tall. When we go to Cavalier gatherings I can always pick Jake out of the crowd...he's head and shoulders above everyone else.

well let me know cause I'm super curious as my Veda is so tall too!

Back