• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Good alternative to California Natural??

nursejess80

Ruby has been on California Natural Lamb and Rice ever since the big food recall this spring. She was originally on the puppy formula and would absolutely turn in circles every time we even mentioned "dinner". Now, ever since we switched her to the adult version, she doesn't really like it. Of course, my sweet husband bought a HUGE bag of food for her in an attempt to be more cost-conscious, but she just doesn't like it. I have to sometimes mix yogurt in it to get her to eat. She just started getting picky when we switched to adult formula. Anyway, we did just find out she has freaking tapeworms, which is very frustrating because we do the whole flea and tick prevention every month, and I've seen MAYBE 2 fleas on her in her entire life. I know that the tapeworms could be an issue with her appetite, but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a new kind of food. I've heard a lot about Innova and Royal Canin....just not sure. Only 2 stores in our city carry the Innova (and the California Natural), so I would prefer to have a more convenient food if possible. But, that is honestly the least of my worries. I want a good-quality food for my baby. She has a VERY sensitive digestive system, so I need something that would be easy on her tummy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Actually I haven't. I think that store that sells the Cal. Natural carries it. Does Petco?? The reason I ask is that there's one right by my house.

I don't have a Petco near me, but Pet Supplies Plus carries it. Actually I'm amazed at how many premium dog food brands Pet Supplies Plus now stocks in its stores!

We got Ruby the Solid Gold, and it's in the shape of her puppy food. She LOVES it. Actually got excited about breakfast and dinner today. It was so nice to see her happy instead of sulking because she had to eat her other food.....thanks for the advice!!!

Back