Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Star multiple rescues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lucky Star multiple rescues

Couldn't do a cross post,didn't see an OK to do it. On another Cav site, Toni of Lucky Star has a letter to a member stating a huge influx of rescued Cavaliers possible and Lucky Star requesting many transportation people and,again, needing fosters. The geographical areas seem widespread with the possible rescues.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have one or two of the Lucky Star folks with memberships here so I am sure it is OK to post information.

Anyone able to help, please email the folks at Lucky Star, a cavalier rescue in the US that rescues puppy farm dogs primarily. Their website and contact information is at: http://www.luckystarcavalierrescue.org/
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Tansy : Mindy Connie Roxy Neasa Gus
    In memory: My beautiful Jaspar Lucy Leo Lily Libby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please check out the letter with rescue specifics from Lucky Star in the Dog and Bone Pub.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky Star Rescue is in need of volunteers and fosters. I will be fostering a 4 year old blenheim male starting Dec. 15th. Anyone who can help please contact Lucky Star.
    Last edited by Karen S.; 6th December 2007 at 10:30 PM.
    I am the proud owner of 5 Cavaliers, Cooper, Princess Puddles, Lucky, Willow, and Grace.

Post Thanks / Like

I just fostered two black and tans for Lucky Star and passed them onto a Lucky Star person who will keep them at least until the girl's pups are born and old enough for homes. It was great meeting and/or talking to those wonderful people. I hope to be involved more in the future, at least in helping with transport if not fostering.

It felt great to get those two little sweeties out of the backyard breeding operation they had landed in. They were definitely starved for human love and attention. (And baths, dental work, flea medicine, grooming, housetraining, etc. -- poor little doggies!) But now they will have no more cold winters & hot summers spent outside, no more hard food that their poor decayed teeth couldn't chew, no more suffering for lack of love! Yeahh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great job!

A reminder at this gift giving time of year that if you order the great dog stuff at www.helpingudders.com you can designate a portion of your purchase price to go to Lucky Star.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

We're helping foster in Nebraska - just waiting for our Iowa/Missouri fur babies to get here!

Sheri
    Nebraska
    "Don't accept a dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful" Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

And, I am sure that I saw that if you buy a Wallybed using the link on the LS site they make a donation to LS, but I cant find it right now...anyone know anything about that??
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure a lot of people already know about this, but one completely painless way to give to Lucky Star is to sign up at Igive.com (there is a link to it from the LS website). Whenever you buy something from any of the many, many participating vendors, a set percentage (anywhere from 1-10% of your purchase) goes to Lucky Star in the form of a check sent each month.

You can even sign up for a little program with Igive for them to automatically route you through them whenever you happen to go to a participating vendor website. That way, you don't even have to remember to go through Igive when you buy something online. It's automatic! Big vendors like Dog.com, Amazon (I think), Drugstore.com, etc. participate, so it's very likely if you do any shopping online, you will end up at a participating vendor sooner or later.

Post Thanks / Like

I am fostering for the first time for lucky star, I get my 2 boys on Dec 21st I am SO EXCITED! I will be looking for good advise on here from other foster mommies )