• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Average weight for a 6 month-old

Matte

Our six month old female weighs 3.7 kilos (slightly less than 8 1/4 pounds). What do other six month olds out there weigh?

Jolly weighed 13.2 pounds at 6 months old. At 9 months he weighed 15 pounds and today at 18 months old he still weighs 15 pounds.

At age 6 months, Beau weighed 7.6 kilos. I think that is around 16 lbs. He is a rather long (though thin) lad now weighing 9 kilos. There seems to be a big variety in sizes of Cavaliers, with many falling well outside of the breed standard.

Unless you are planning on showing & breeding it probably doesn't really matter, with the main thing being that your dog is a healthy weight for his size - ie not overweight or too thin. I've seen some little girls that are about half the size of my guys, but they are in proportion, look healthy & happy.

Don't worry. Our Hermie weighed 3.75 kilos at 10 months, and Maija 4.5 kilos. They are fine, just very fussy eaters. :)

This actually means something to me now... both my girls (4 and a half and one, respectively) weigh just under 12 and a half pounds, so I guess that puts them at the petite end of the scale.

In the past week she's now gone up to 3.9 kilos (8.5 lbs) so it seems as though she's having a growth spurt now, and she feels more muscular. She's also really maturing emotionally, which is great fun to see.

I dont bother weighing mine. I just keep an eye on their waist line, if it seems to be disappering i cut down on their food and treats for a day or 2. With cavs i think its pointless weighin them as they all seem to be different shape and sizes. What weight looks ok on 1 cav mighten look right on another.

Back