• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

2 year old Cavalier wanted

Martin

My Dad And Mom Are Disabled. My Dad Is Confined To Bed. He Does Not Have Any Mussel Control And Cain't Speak. His Mind Is Still Good. My Mom Cares For Him, But She Can't Get Around Very Well. My Dad Had A Boston Terrier That Passed Away A Few Weeks Ago With A Bad Heart Valve. Since His Terrier Passed Away He Has Pretty Much Given Up. My Dads Doctor Has Told Us Everything Is Down Hill For My Dad And Has Recomended That We Get Him Another Dog To At Lease Give Him Some Pleasure. I Have Been Searching For Dogs And It Looks As Though A Cavalier Would Be Good For Him. We Have Shown Him Pictures And He Seems To Want One Very Much. My Problem Is I Would Like To Find One That Has Outgrown The Puppy Stage And Is House Broken. Also, The Priceing Of The Cavaliers Are More Than I Can Spend At This Time, Although I Am Sure They Are Worth The Price. Would Any Readers Of This Please Give Me Some Advice As To It This Would Be A Good Dog For My Dad And If They Know Where I Could Find What I Need. The Boston Terrier Would Lay With My Dad And When We Could Set My Dad In A Chair He Would Lay In His Lap. My Mom Would Give Another Dog A Very Rewarding Home.
Thanks For Any Help.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and hope the folks in the VA area will be able to hep you find just the right dog for your mom and dad. Let us know what happens!

If you can't find a cavalier I am sure a local rescue group could help you find a sweet calm dog too -- lots of dogs would love a kind lap to rest in. :)

Hello Martin,

I am sorry to hear about your father, I hope that you find a perfect Cavalier to comfort him and your family ... Cavaliers are such a wonderful breed. I am hoping that you may be able to find a Cavalier who is trained as a therapy dog -- but in any case any Cavalier will bring so much comfort and joy. God bless

Veronica

Back