Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eyes surgery on Monday 10/12/07

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eyes surgery on 10/12/07- Updated with photos

Well its booked in and i'm so nervous. I've been invited to go and watch and stay with him for the day so I feel better in that sense. I'm so worried my poor baby the doc said he may have to shave around his eyes I hope not it'll look scary!
    Anyway wish my little man luck, I've been warned its very delicate surgery especially as in Marleys case its in a delicate area. Hopefully it will all go well and he'll not be too traumatised afterwards... (or maybe that's going to be me? I think i'm going to need to be sedated on Monday!!!!)

p.s. I did email the breeder and they were horrified, they have kept Marleys sister so they are going to have her checked out for both problems, they said they've never had eye problems with their cav, and they do not want to be introducing them into the lines. They were very thankful that we contacted them and want us to keep in touch as to how it all goes. They also want us to come for a visit once he's better which i thought was lovely.
    Last edited by OhMarley; 13th December 2007 at 09:56 AM.
    RIP Jakey my beautiful bleinhem boy
    To all my other pets that have passed, I'll see you again until then I love you all xox

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh best of luck to Marley; I am sure all will go well and he'll be so much more comfortable afterwards. Be sure to keep us informed on how it goes as we'll be thinking about you both. Shaved hair grows back quickly!

I'm glad you contacted the breeder -- this kind of information is so important to any good breeder. Just consider that they place 95%of their puppies at least in pet homes, so they only often can track a tiny proportion of what they breed. Getting information back from owners is extremely helpful to them and in the case of genetic disorders, is just vital. Good job for talking to her!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be thinking about Marley and praying that all goes well with the surgery. to you both
    Lynn
    Momma to Molly (blen) Maxwell (tri) Nora (blen) and 2 kitties

Ohhh yeah...and 2 human (20 & 21 yr old) "children"

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Marley

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We'll be thinking of you and Marley on Monday and are sending our best wishes for him.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Marley, think your mum is going to be more worried than you. Hope everything goes ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freesia View Post
    Good luck Marley, think your mum is going to be more worried than you. Hope everything goes ok.
    You're onto it I think i'll need the premed tomorrow! He's so happy today I keep thinking poor bugger has no idea what he's in for, I got a good look at those lashes today and they are so long it must be so irritating, I'm glad its tomorrow and we didn't put it off I can't wait for this to all be over and for Marley to be feeling wonderful again, minus the irritation of those horrid lashes!
    To all my other pets that have passed, I'll see you again until then I love you all xox

Post Thanks / Like

Well he's had the surgery I watched and it was quite amazing! He also had his retained canines removed. He was so sooky poor baby as he woke up he cried I go back at abour 5-530 (2 hours from now) to pick him up as he was too groggy to take home. I'm so glad its over.... I didnt sleep a wink last night !

Post Thanks / Like

He's home and he's not happy poor baby, his eyes look so sore he doesn't even want too open them up properly... he's so sleepy he can't stand very well and tried to go to do wees and fell over and wee'd on himself... poor baby he them groaned like he was saying "i'm so embarrassed". He's so sooky and doesn't want you to leave his side when you do he whimpers. I'm so tired i need to go sleep, poor baby, hopefully he'll be feeling better tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hope he's feeling better soon. When does he go back for a recheck?
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)