• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Book recommendations please

Ciren

i not sure if this is the correct forum. could you recommend some books for me please?

never had a dog before and i find it easier to read books than absorb information from the net.

thanks in advance
Love
C

Wow, that's wonderful that you're reading BEFORE you get a dog. :D

I recommend ASPCA Complete Dog Care Manual by Bruce Fogle, DVM (The ultimate illustrated guide to caring for your dog)

For training and behavior, these authors are great:
Ian Dunbar
Melissa Alexander "Click for Joy!"
Patricia McConnell
Jean Donaldson

Turid Rugaas for understanding your dog's body language.

Karen Pryor for training.

The basic guides to owning and training a puppy/dog by Dr Ian Dunbar. This is an excellent basic manual (any of his basic books). I just posted a link in anotherthread to the book on Amazon in the UK. Dogwise.com and sitstay.com also carry them.

Although I haven't read it yet, I've heard nothing but good about Control Unleashed by Leslie McDevitt. It's my next book to buy.

Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson is one book I never seem to get tired of and is my favorite. I have read it 4 times and every time I read it I learn something new.

Back