• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Coats

shippers

Now that the weather is turning very cold I was wondering what kind of dog coats people are buying for their cavs? I need one that can be worn with a puppia harness and preferably with no hood. The hood always falls over Sally's eyes. Any ideas would be great and :snap:if poss. Thanks

Hi!

I looked high and low for a coat that could be worn either over or under a puppia harness and none seemed quite right. Most of the ones with a hole in it were meant to be used with a collar, not a harness (the hole was higher up).

So I found - and bought - this coat that has d-rings that you can attach a leash to directly:

furry_harness_vest.jpg

I actually found several styles of coats that have the rings attached, but the reason I picked this one is because of the way it secures (in the back with a buckle). My Molly is a puller and I felt that would be safest... most seem to secure in the front with a strip or two of velcro. Also, I thought it would cover more of her tummy than some of the other coats I've seen.

According to the store's online tracking system, the coat should be delivered today. I'll try to get a photo of it on Molly and post it here. :)

-laura

I like these coats, are they only available in the USA??

xx

Hi!

I looked high and low for a coat that could be worn either over or under a puppia harness and none seemed quite right. Most of the ones with a hole in it were meant to be used with a collar, not a harness (the hole was higher up).

So I found - and bought - this coat that has d-rings that you can attach a leash to directly:

furry_harness_vest.jpg

I actually found several styles of coats that have the rings attached, but the reason I picked this one is because of the way it secures (in the back with a buckle). My Molly is a puller and I felt that would be safest... most seem to secure in the front with a strip or two of velcro. Also, I thought it would cover more of her tummy than some of the other coats I've seen.

According to the store's online tracking system, the coat should be delivered today. I'll try to get a photo of it on Molly and post it here. :)

-laura

The company that makes them is Dogo. I looked on their website to find out where they can be purchased. There is supposedly one store in the UK that sells them, a place called Pampawed Puss and Pooch in East Yorkshire. Don't know if that's anywhere near you...? Looks like the phone number is 44 148 265 1574... if that's a phone number? Here's the page on the website: http://www.dogodesign.com/stores.asp

I looked around the web to see if I could find something online, but have been unsuccessful. I'm sorry! I'll keep looking though! I'll post back here (or PM you) if I find anything.

-laura

Thanks for the link. I was looking for a coat for Lexie since she doesn't seem to like the cold. Looking at the list of stores makes me glad I live in California. There are lots of places available near where I live.

If it just to keep the dog warm for winter are you any good at knitting?

I knitted a jumper for my one. With the jumper and harness on you just push the ring through the jumper and after a while the wool slackens off around the ring, you then just stitch around the hole and you have a jumper with the hole in the perfect place.

Back