• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Warts???

KimNIndy

a couple of days ago I noticed two round, wart-like growths on Indy's lower lip, right above each of his canine teeth. i have googled this and it seems that 'warts' are pretty common in dogs under 2 as their immune systems aren't always mature enough to fight off the viruses that cause the warts. Indy is 2 in January.....go figure!

Has anyone else experienced warts with their cav's or know much about them? According to what I've read, they often go away after a few months as their immune systems mature....

All my cavaliers have had them and they have never gone away.

Monty has a large one under his chin and another large one on the back of his neck. These are about 7mm across and the one under his chin does get crusty, so needs cleaning off or it itches. The one on his neck can become inflamed , if Joly gets at it while licking him, but it goes pale again and doesn't seem to bother him.

Izzy , for most of his life, had a pale feathery shaped one on the split of his upper lip.

Both Teddy and Joly have tiny round , pale flat ones at various points on their bodies. These are so small that you only notice them when kneading a patch of skin between your fingers.

Back