• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do these gorgeous creatures dream

metime

Name change iminent for puppy - we might change it to Bailley (depending on vote from kids)

But my real question is "do they dream" - I am guessing they do - "he" is quite happily sleeping on my lap and reckon by his movements he is dreaming.

I really believe that they do. I have seen our dog's feet go like crazy like they are running in their sleep and I have also seen them bark in their sleep. The barks are a bit quiet, but barks none the less.

Monty has had the odd running and yipping dream and has been known to give a full blooded howl; something he's never done when awake. Now he is 12, he dreams a lot and sometimes wakes me, in the night, as he's running so fast that he kicks me hard.

I haven't noticed Barkley doing it, but when I had cockers they would "run" and whimper in their sleep. I called it "chasing bunnies." :D

Definitely! Willow runs and whimpers and barks in her sleep, and actually "sucks" in her sleep as well - we think she's dreaming of her mommy! :)

Krista

I haven't noticed Barkley doing it, but when I had cockers they would "run" and whimper in their sleep. I called it "chasing bunnies." :D

LOL. In Annie's case we call it chasing squirrels, since that's her prey of choice. I absolutely believe that dogs dream. Annie's paws twitch and she sometimes makes little noises too -- not to mention the snoring. ;)

Both my girlies dream but Cara barks as well and Minnie always looks at me as if to say "what's up with yer wan?" :lol:

The first time we got candi, i remember my partner was worried when she was sleeping, the wee noises from her then the kicking of her wee legs. I told him that was her dreaming, and like others i also say chasing bunnies. He couldn't get over how she is so alike to a baby. More so when she tries to pull her wee blanket over her when she's in bed and snuggles up to her wee teddy. :p

Back