• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Memories of animal companions 2007

Nicki

At this special time of year we like to remember those who are no longer with us, waiting at the Rainbow bridge for the day when we will once again be together.

*ng*l Please feel free to add your animal angels to this thread, together with photos if you would like.

Remembering

Our precious Cavaliers, Princess Peaches, Fillipa and Isabel.

Fillipa {Blen} and Isabel

DVD-T-1-Ourdogs00001.jpg

Princess Peaches

DVD-T-1-Peaches00188.jpg

Also remembering all those precious animals who honoured us by sharing their lives with us in the past:

Tigger, Pooky, Sixpence, Marmaduke and Shaboo - all Kitties

Benjamin Bunny and Flacky the Guinea Pig

Penfold, Custard, Biscuit and Humphrey the Hamsters

Sunny the Budgie

Pictures will be added soon

Remembering my precious girls - Annie (Bichon Mix), Sarah Marie (Italian Greyhound) and Heather (whippet/Italian Gryehound mix), my precious Gracie (A feline who thought she was canine), my mom's furry angels, Sandy (terrier mix) and Smoky (collie mix), the 4 Idaho mill IGs that I wasn't able to save - Jake, Ozzie, Sandy, and sweet little Mona, and the 2 rescue IGs that crossed the bridge - Gizmo and Gratzi.

Also remembering my dearly departed little ferret friends - Peek-a-boo Bandit, Frettchen, Sgt Benjamin, Sampson, Jezzabelle, and Lilly

May all my little fuzzy angels rest in peice and enjoy their beautiful lives across the bridge until the day we are reunited

Izzy left in March.

007izzytoy2.jpg

059izzy1.jpg

The original Monty: long gone.
001firstMonty.jpg

Sally and Cindy our first dog as a couple.

003CS.jpg

Benji, a collie cross followed Cindy and Sally, but I don't have a photo on the pc. He was with us a very short time, as he had cancer.

Oh love that baby pic Barbara! How adorable. :)

I'd like to remember Lani, our Great Pyrenees, faithful companion for 13 years. Bunny: Iago, who liked to eat tortilla chips and burnt toast and to be groomed by one of the cats. And cats: Oliver, Tina, Sam, Carter, Simon during years with my parents; and my Maisie, my little treacle tortie rescue who only had a year with me before feline HIV took its toll.

Maisie and Jaspar puppy:

cats_019.jpg

Penny the cavalier age 7 left us a few months ago . She was possibly the strangest dog we've ever had , she had an obsession with blankets & fluffiness. anything soft would be stolen for her to sleep on. She liked chasing & eating flies which was useful.
She also had very annoying obsessions like ripping her back on the walls & furniture until it bled while barking & screaming , scratching the doors as hard as she could & barking at thin air from 9pm to 5am.
Still miss her though

STA72742lo.jpg

Not long after my sisters Bullmastiff "Big molly" age 9. http://www.geocities.com/kcpetcollectables/elmoslkis.JPG

2006 we lost two cavaliers "Little molly" aged 9 & Elsie aged 8ish ( who was only with us 9 weeks) & my charlie George aged 11.

In 2004 we lost charlies Amy aged 8 , Storm aged 7. http://www.geocities.com/kcpetcollectables/elstormkiss.JPG
& a wonderful puppy aged 10 months who hadn't come to live with me yet but I still loved him ( he was waiting for his pet passport)

2002 charlie KC aged 11 & gsd's Arnie & sheba
2000 charlies Victor 12 & Edward 8
1997 Our first cavalier Elkie aged 14ish

All very much missed & all gone too soon

Last edited:
Gizmo

Gizmo, our first cavalier, left us in February 2007 and we think of him everyday. It was this time last year when he got a lot sicker and we knew that we didn't have much more time with him. It was one week past his 10th birthday when he died.

381198086_826d8e9890_m.jpg

In August 2006 Toby died just a few months short of his 16th birthday. We adopted him when he was eight years old and never thought he would be with us so long.

229671166_7ee240e9c2.jpg

We miss both of them very much.

Before we had cavaliers we had cats.
Zap was with us for 18 years
2129055571_8a0e620cbc_m.jpg

and Ming was with us for 21 years.
2129055577_945678de29_m.jpg

We still miss them, too and have many funny stories to tell about them.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your stories. I had a hitch in my heart when I saw Peaches' picture. I never met her but felt such a closeness in my heart to her for some reason. And then Izzy.....just breaks my heart but also makes me smile to see them being remembered with such fondness. Gizmo, Toby, Filipa, Isabel, Penny...and all the others, you may be gone is body but you are still here in spirit.

Suzy Wong, the grand lady. I still remember coming home from nursery to be greeted by this little tiny thing and I was in love at first sight. I was sitting by her side as she took her last breath 21 years later. Sixteen years since her passing and we still talk on Christmas day about missing her ceremonial burp under the dinning table while we enjoyed Christmas dinner.

Susie.jpg

Dizzy also known as my familiar by the family. She came to me six months after losing Suzy and needed to find a new home. I swear I could have written a book about my first month with her. There were so many sides to her and so many laughs. It’s also because of her I have SiânE.

DizzyToy.jpg

Our bigboy Marshal Dillon, and a young Beauregard. He was only six, but had horrible legs that just gave up. :(

dillon1.jpg

dillbo4.jpg

Remembering my special girl today and always

100-0082_IMG-1.jpg

A PLACE IN OUR HEARTS

They will not go quietly,
the dogs who've shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survives.
Old habits still make us think
we hear a barking at the door.
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be.
And, sometime, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new freinds
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them...
and always will.

Last edited:
My cat Tabby and me 24 years ago when I was 16. He lived through my childhood and was even around when I had my children. I think 15 years in all though I don't know how old I was when we got him, maybe I was 5.
2135897047_44907ecc7a.jpg

Missing Daisy every day, she was very special. i think of you every day, but please be free from pain now and be happy for mummy and daddy to have the wonderful company of Bluebell and Lottie to help our hearts. xxxxxx

493456216_0dba5b51b9.jpg

493456226_a7d46ffbd0.jpg

437567581_44bdd04b1d.jpg

Daisy: July 2006 - September 2007.

Niko

Niko, September 28, 2007.

We were lucky to share 14 years with you, we miss you, Boo.
IMG_0357.jpg

I love the poem Claire L. posted. There are certain things that Buddy or Hadley will do or certain places I will go and the memory of my first two dogs will be so vivid and real. They were Gumbo who was a blond American Cocker Spaniel (1975 to 1991) and Abby who was a solid black English Cocker Spaniel (1991 to 2005). Then there was Christmas Cat (1990 to 2007) who left us just this past October. We are hoping Christmas Cat after a stopover at the North Pole to help Santa this season is now at the Bridge with Gumbo and Abby.

The true value of any pet is not only the time and love they give you while they are with you but the fact that because of them you want to have another pet in your life. So thank you, guys. Watch down on us and wish us all the longevity and overall good health the three of you were blessed with.

Back