• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on our family! **pic**

SHANO

Well..... it's been a year since I've been here and I figured it's way past time to give an update on our family. Wesley is our now 1 year old blenheim and Daisy is our now 3 year old tricolor...

We got Daisy just over 10 months ago from a family near here that could no longer keep her. She started out really timid and wanting to dominate Wesley, who was just 4 months at the time. I used to have to hand feed her. She also never played with toys and would just sit on the couch. Since then, Wesley has broken down her wall and she's found the puppy inside her again. She LOVES to play with him and now will actually fetch toys too. They love to play-fight together and even sleep in the same crate at times. They both have comfy matching crates that are side by side and really enjoy their special places. Daisy's first family would be so happy know that's she's thriving here because they were so sad about giving her up. It's certainly been a great thing for her here.

Wesley is a super chow hound. He LOVES to eat. He finishes his bowl in about 45 seconds. It's unbelieveable! If I had unlimited food all day he'd eat ALL DAY.... but poor thing is limited to no more than his 1 cup a day. Daisy, on the other hand, happens to be a little princess eater who likes to savor every bite of her food, making sure to chew every piece, even if it takes 10 minutes, while dear Wesley waits patiently in his crate.

They are amazing with the kids. My son is now 6, and my daughter is 2. They all play SO well together. My daughter is SO gentle with them and they love to give her kisses. Everyone feeds off eachother's energy, so at the end of the day, I have two very sleepy kids and two very sleepy dogs. :)

We're now talking about having a third and FINAL "human" child. Funny because Daisy's story was "it's either we get a second dog, or a third baby". Now it's a second dog AND eventually a third child. Not pregnant yet though! Gonna be a crazy house with two dogs and three kids! I just hope I can keep my sanity! I'm just glad that the dogs are well trained, and my two kids are already really well into the groove of things. So hopefully everyone transitions well with a new baby.

That's about it for us! I'm loving staying home and snuggling all my babies all day. And my husband has just learned to live with our chaos! haha!

WesleyNDaisy003small.jpg

Things sound just right around your place. Daisy and Wesley look so cute sleeping together in that picture. :luv:

That's such a lovely picture -- thanks for the update and good luck on adding the human baby! :lol: You've really brought Daisy along from her poor start. :)

Beautiful picture! I just love those mooshy faces when they're sleeping.

How lovely that Daisy had Wesley to help her open up. That's very heartwarming.

About the crazy house; that's the best kind!! I had three kids and at least two dogs, and cats all-at-the-same-time. It was hectic, sure, but now that everyone is all grown it's nice to reminisce... we have really funny stories to relive whenever we're all together again. Just remember to LAUGH at most things and it will be "all good".

I think what helps me with it all is I was the youngest of six kids and we always had a dog too, so I was used to a little chaos. DH came from just a family of four though so it's funny to watch him deal with all of us! :)

Back