• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Ontario,Canada

Phyllis

Hello everyone,
My name is Phyllis and I have two Cavaliers, Molly who is 5 and Cholmondeley (pr. Chumley as you in the U.K. know) who is 14 months. We were grieving after losing our son at 28 and researched Cavaliers who were said to be ideal for older,retired people-we are retired teachers. I don't have to tell you how these charming,loving little dogs have helped us with our sorrow. They are the therapy dogs par excellence!
We found a wonderful small Cav. breeder near us who needed to place Molly at 31/2 as she had had uterine inertia with her second litter and needed a caesarian and then was spayed. She was a much loved family dog but as there is a three dog limit in a residential area the breeder had to place her if she was to continue her line. There were tears but Molly adapted beautifully and loved all the attention as an " only dog" after being part of a small pack. That didn't last long,though ,as we kept in touch with the breeder with Molly visits and just had to have a pup from her next litter as it was such a treat when we went to visit " the gang of four" at her house.We didn't know such friendly,happy little dogs existed ,as our experience had been with other breeds.
We adore our two Blenheims- Molly is Cholmondeley's granny.
I really enjoy reading the threads on the site and looking at the beautiful photos.

Welcome Phyllis and thank you so much for sharing your story. I was so sorry to read of the loss of your son, but it's wonderful to know that the Cavaliers have helped you - they are such special dogs, and always seem to know when you need just that little extra TLC.

I think many breeders find it hard to part with their older dogs, but even in areas where they do not have to comply with legislation, they can still only manage a limited number of dogs and so it is the best solution. The dog gets to enjoy much more individual attention as part of a small pack or as an only dog, and the breeder has the space to carry on breeding.

Molly and Cholmondeley sound wonderful - hope that you may be able to post some photos, we'd love to "meet" them and look forward to hearing more about them.

Back