• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Miles in his new boots!

cy1266

Thanks to everyone for all of the help and information about the Muttluks boots! I ordered some for Miles (XXS - thanks for telling me what size your dogs wore, because I almost ordered a size larger!), and here he is, this past weekend, when we had lots of snow in Chicago!

2158031371_e9989766aa.jpg

2158829348_143beaa297.jpg

2158829194_d55c25f988.jpg

2158837866_a8ec9068e9.jpg

I love Miles in his boot...question is, how does he like them? They look perfect for the snow. Judy and Dixie

Miles looks so cute!! :)

Bronte, I only order the fleece lined ones. . . I seen some all weather in the pet store the other day and they were SO THIN on the top I think if you dropped a drop of water it would go straight through :eek:

Thanks everyone! Yes, these are the Muttluks fleece lined boots in XXS. They are not water PROOF, just water resistant. He stepped in a big slushy puddle so the water did soak through the boot, but his feet were still much warmer and protected from the salt than if he wasn't wearing any boots. When I walked him over the weekend he didn't step in any puddles, but we walked for 1/2 hour in snow and his slippers were only slightly damp and not cold at all.

As for him wearing them...the first time I put them on it was quite a struggle, and he tried to get them off until we went outside - then he was totally fine. The second time I put them on him was a breeze. As soon as I get them out, he knows he's going outside for a W-A-L-K, so he sits patiently while I put them on him. I put him up on our island in the kitchen because it's easier for me to put them on him when he's up high...They are a bit tight going on (until his full paw is in there), so if you fold over the sock part onto the boot, and hold the boot open with your fingers, I found that's the easiest way to get them on him. Then roll the sock up onto his leg, and tighten the straps pretty tight (otherwise they'll fly off if he starts running).

We're very happy with the boots...I actually go them brand new, off of eBay for $24.99 + $5.00 shipping (US money) - about 1/2 the price of getting them off the website : )

Thanks for all the info Carrie!

Did you buy them from the seller "dealsforyourpets"?
I am going to get a pair for Chesney. :)

Carrie I've had the same experience with the water :) They are the best I have found so far for keeping the water out though. :) I think the fleece lined make a difference though vs the all weather, because the all weather is just a thin piece of nylon that I don't really think is at all water resistant. I can take my guys out in the pouring rain though *granted they never stepped in a puddle!* and when I get back their feet aren't soaking wet like they would be otherwise.. :) I do find that I have to replace them ever so often though (like a pair a year) but we really just walk concrete and we walk up to 3x/day so they wear out quickly.

I've also found it easier to flip the sock part down and pull them on that way. For putting them on though.. you might think I am nuts :)lol:) but I sit on something and put them on my lap upside down.. so their belly is facing up and so are their feet and put them on that way. I timed it the other day and I had myself and 2 dogs ready to go out the door (with coats) in 7 minutes. :) You might try putting him upside down to see if it works faster. I wish I would have had a video camera for the first time I put them on my dogs though :lol:

Hi Sara,
The first time I put them on Miles I had him on his back with his feet in the air too! Now he just stands on the countertop while I slide them over his little feet : ) Thanks for the tip, though! I definitely like the fleece-lined ones - and he likes them too!

Bronte,
I didn't buy them from that buyer...it was "athensgabooks"...there are a bunch of boots on there, though...and they're a lot cheaper than buying them retail!

I got some look-a-likes, the first time I put them on I didn't tighten them enough and they all flew off within 5 mins. It was pretty funny. I too find them easier to get on if I flew down the cuff. Then I flip him so he's belly up on my lap.

I love how cute pups look in their boots. Does anyones eles' dogs do little dances with the boots on? Maverick prances around and does chicken scratches with his back legs. It's super cute.

Back