• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

*Update*Dylan's test results.

*Pauline*

The vet phoned for me to pick up some antibiotics for Dylan. His test results showed he had a bacteria in his stool sample called Campylobacter. I asked her to write it down for me so I could do my own research, she said I might not want to do that! She said in humans, it's quite painful. Anyway, he seems fine now. We have antibiotics for 3 times a day for 10 days then a week after that we have to do the stool sample again.

Poor little fella was attacked by a friends Westie today :( I had to pull the dog off. He didn't break the skin but poor Dylan was so frightened and screamed. He clambered for my lap. I took him to another room and checked him over really carefully. I was so upset. I think it happened because Dylan was playing with his ball on a rope, shaking it and growling and the other dog walked by close. Maybe the growl annoyed the other dog! :confused:

Poor little Dylan. He's had no luck lately. I'm glad you've got to the bottom of what was the matter with Dylan and he can be treated. How is he now? Hope he's ok now after the attack.

He is asleep now after his dinner but he has been very loving and fun today. I love my little fella so much.

I'm glad it wasn't his diet causing the problem as I am happy with the quality of James Wellbeloved and Nature Diet. I am very fussy about treats, no fancy man made concoctions or anything with colours etc.

Pauline, it's great that you were able to put a name on what's wrong with DYlan. Mind you it doesn't sound very pleasant. At least you've the right stuff now to get him well again. My goodness he's not having too good a time right now being attacked by a Westie. Hopefully everything will look up now. I have no doubt but that your love makes him feel much better. :)

*Hugs* Pauline. Tricky and I hope Dylan will get well soon. Hopefully his tummy will settle down. He'll be back to his lovable self in no time.

We're glad to hear you've got to the bottom of things Pauline, hopefully the Anti-biotics will kick in fast, and he'l be all better soon :flwr:

Thanks you everyone. The tummy settled a few days ago. I think the worst of this bug is over already but the antibiotics will hopefully shift it completely.

So glad to hear that your precious Dylan is on the mend. Judy and Dixie

Oh Pauline, I am so sorry to hear that poor little Dylan has had a bad run. I sure hope those antibiotics set him right very fast.

I asked her to write it down for me so I could do my own research, she said I might not want to do that!

Hey, what a strange thing for your vet to say. Knowledge is power. I just Googled Campylobacter, and I must say what I read was more encouraging, reassuring & empowering, than anything else.

Keep us posted eh!

Oh Pauline, I am so sorry to hear that poor little Dylan has had a bad run. I sure hope those antibiotics set him right very fast.

Hey, what a strange thing for your vet to say. Knowledge is power. I just Googled Campylobacter, and I must say what I read was more encouraging, reassuring & empowering, than anything else.

Keep us posted eh!

It was the nurse who said it, she just didn't want me to worry. He has gone a bit quiet today, didn't great me when I got up.

Pauline, I'm so happy to hear that handsome Dylan is feeling much better.

My Mom has a Westie, she's 13 and just about the most spoiled doggie ever. Scout isn't allowed to touch any of her toys. If she squeaks one thing, Pebbles runs over and grabs it out of her mouth. And now that Scout is older if she runs through the house Pebbles chases her kind of aggresively. I have to keep an eye on her.

Thanks Sharon. The Westie was ok on a previous occasion at his own house and let Dylan play with his toys. I won't invite him over again. Dylan has some other nice friends. This week a lady I know with a Newfoundland asked for my number so we could take our dogs out together. Her dog loves small dogs, he's like a bear he's so huge :lotsaluv:

Pauline, great about the Newfie. Breeze and Scout play together beautifully. Scout loves to run under Breeze in order to 'escape' her. Your friends Newf sounds like Breeze, they love all dogs and people. Never cross with anyone, unless they get too close to me, then she just positions herself nicely between the two of us. I guess I'll never find a boyfriend...LOL. Let me know how the play date goes.

Back