• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

"Gremlin" Noises?

Mandy

My little Charlie is 5 months today and I've noticed when he plays with our Lhasa Aspo he makes the weirdest screeching "Gremlin" noises. He also does this when I pet him and give him kisses and he's in that excited bouncy play mode. Is this common for Cavys? My Lhasa will "play" growl a bit or make little bark-y noises when he plays but Charlie's noises sound so funny to me! Almost like a baby pig!

Our Elvis makes some awfully cute noises when he's playing, or when his momma asks him to 'talk'. He has a 'normal' bark, and a much higher pitched 'play' bark... more of a 'yip' really, and he'll whine with inflection as if he's trying to communicate something specific. Beauregrad just barks.

We call those "ninja noises" in our household. When our two are playing, it sounds like we are watching one of those kung-fu movies where they make that high pitched howling with each attack.

Our girl is learning not to bark, and she makes the same kind of noises when she wants to bark and knows that she shouldn't.

indy is very vocal and his noises go across the spectrum. every now and then he'll scare me by sleeping silently while i'm working on something, and just when i become completely absorbed in what i'm doing, he'll wake up and jump on a toy with some crazy sound i've never heard before. :eek:

Back