• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Me & Bailey (& a small rant)

Jessieca

Here are some pics of me and Bailey from this month :) he is 1.5. He is getting so big, and has lost a lot of his puppy coat! I <3 him!

On a side note, I heard the most obnoxious thing today! I saw another Cavalier at the park, and I was like oh, your Cavalier is beautiful! And the gentleman was like thank you, is your's part Cavalier? I said no, he's purebred Cavalier. He then says oh...(looks at him with disdain) he's very long...in this offensive tone. Why are some people so rude? He is much longer than we expected since he was on the small side as a pup (he's 22 lbs, and not overweight), but that hardly makes him look like a different breed...sigh. I am not sure why, but that really got under my skin lol. Anyway, I think he's adorable :D

Christmas Eve:

christmaseve034.jpg

Playing on the couch:

bailey007.jpg

Curled up & taking a nap (you can see his long puppy hairs sticking out through his new adult coat haha):

bailey001.jpg

With mommy & daddy on Christmas:

127.jpg

Last edited:
That would get under my skin too! Some people... seriously! I wouldn't let it bother you. You have a beautiful baby. I love his long fur!

he is absolutely gorgeous... his wee face is so cute, :). Try not to let it bother you what other people say, we have also had to tell people what breed candi is, and sometimes they theirselves are dog owners.

Last edited:
Bailey is beautiful!!!

I have had the same comment about Teddy. The funny thing is I have Colin, a blen cavalier and they look very similar except their fur coloring, and they still ask me...

Last edited:
He is gorgeous, don't let other people get to you.

I have a blenhiem (Harvey aged 16 months) and everyone knew straightaway that he was a cavalier but, when I got my Ruby boy (Rudi 5 months) people asked me what breed he was, they had never seen a Ruby before, I have even had one person say "where is his white" :lol:

You love him and thats all that matters!!

Anna (Mum of Harvey & Rudi)

He is gorgeous.
Some people say the strangest things!
We were out the other day and a lady came over to fuss my girls, she then stated that they were the nicest Jack Russels she'd ever seen:confused:

Nothing atall against Jack Russels but I was rather offended and so were the girls

Really! People are so ignorant!
Molly (Ruby) is also often mistaken for a cocker spaniel (more understandable than Jack Russell terrier!)! She is also often proclaimed "too small" (well, she is average CKCS-weight and the vet says she is perfect!)
Your Bailey is lovely!

Well I thnk he's lovely too - I don't think people are used to seeing Rubies, so don't really know what they are looking at.

Awww, your Christmas picture is so cute!

Don't worry about other people; they say the stupidest things. And usually they don't know much either! :rolleyes:

He is gorgeous.
Some people say the strangest things!
We were out the other day and a lady came over to fuss my girls, she then stated that they were the nicest Jack Russels she'd ever seen:confused:

Nothing atall against Jack Russels but I was rather offended and so were the girls

HAHAHA wow. I cannot even see how someone could think it's a Jack Russell. The oddest I've gotten is someone asking if he was a pug when he was a pup. Thanks everyone! I have noticed most people haven't seen a ruby before. People who do know the breed will comment that it is rare to see a ruby, if it all. He does have some white, though his jacket was on, so the guy only saw his red.

Thanks everyone :) that made me feel much better.

I had someone tell me Dylan's needed to grow into his ears (I assume they meant they were long?) and that he didn't have a Cavalier shaped face :confused: I don't know what kind of Cavaliers they'd seen in the past. It still winds me up when I remember that. There's nothing wrong with my dog or yours, I think they are both beautiful. It's just plain rude to make comments like that.

I loved your pictures. I like all that blue glass in the background too! ;)

he's absolutely beautiful.
heres one for mistakes: i actually had a lady ask me if lexi was a ST. BERNARD!!!!
what the??? hahaha i had to laugh(in her face) hahaha

Last edited:
he's absolutely beautiful.
heres one for mistakes: i actually had a lady ask me if lexi was a ST. BERNARD!!!!
what the??? hahaha i had to laugh(in her face) hahaha

She must have thought Lexi had just been born if she thought she was a St. Bernard - some people don't think before they open their mouths and realsise how stupid they make themselves look!

Some people!

When Molly was younger, I too had one person ask me if Molly was a St Bernard! And the most common wrong guess was beagle! Other wrong guesses were mostly in the spaniel family, though (cocker, springer)... I give them points for that!

I think my Molly is a bit long, too. And she's a lot bigger than some of the other Cavs I've seen, but at 18 lbs, I think she is perfect. :lotsaluv:

I'd say about 50% of the time people guess correctly that Molly is a Cavalier. They seem so proud of themselves! I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised myself when they know what she is. Ha!

-laura

I forgot to say that I think your Bailey is absolutely adorable. I love the one of him on the couch looking up at you with those big brown eyes. It's hard to resist looks like that. ;)

-laura

Actually, I think most Cavs are on the long side. Your Bailey looks about the same length as my Amber, who curls up just like that. Holly, by contrast, is relatively short in the back. Personally, I think Amber is the more 'balanced' of the two. Maybe his was the short, stocky type? Not to mention the general ignorance re rubies. Although I did have people asking if Holly was a Yorkie when she was a pup. :roll:

Back