• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Royal Canin-Poultry Free??

estelle

Does anyone know if they do a poultry free version, like JWB ocean fish? It's just that my 2 are on RC Sensible and they both enjoy it but I think that Bailey (pup) might have an intolerance to chicken/turkey etc. I tried him on the JWB fish but he didn't like it and wouldn't eat it! So i'm looking for something that is kinda moist like the RC but with fish and no poultry or beef? Any ideas??

Thanks in advance everyone.

Definitely!

Merry is allergic to a lot of food and I took her to a dermatology vet. We learned that Merry can't eat chicken, beef, corn and wheat. The derm. vet prescribed Royal Canin Veterinary Diet IVD Canine Potato & Rabbit Food. It has worked great for Merry. She has been eating it now for 18 months and it has been a godsend. I buy it from the derm. vet's office.

Royal Canin Veterinary Diet IVD Canine comes in Potato & Rabbit, Potato & Duck, Potato & Venison, or Potato & Whitefish. http://www.royalcanin.us/vetdiet/vetdietcanineprod.html

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your help,

I've been looking for the RC potato and whitefish that was mentioned but can't find it anywhere! I've seen the vetinary RC for different problems but it doesn't show the flavours?

Karlin do you know if the exclusion food is moist like the RC?

I don't know what you mean by 'moist' -- the RC I have is a hard, dry food. :confused: Maybe you are using something different. All you need to do if you want a moister food is add a little water to the kibble a few minutes before serving. Some dogs prefer this.

The special diet RC foods are only available thru vets but I do believe they are available in the UK. If you are talking to the vet college as I really think you should, you could ask them as they will know what allergy foods are available.

Thanks for all the replies, Just to let you all know that I managed to order some RC Prescription kibble (sensitive control) in Whiting/White Fish and Tapioca flavour, no poultry!

Hopefully this will help his tummy/poos!! Will let you all know how it goes.

You can get the RC vet diets from Nutrecare, at much reduced prices. they are based in kidderminster and allow collection to save on shipping costs.

Fish4Dogs do a white fish or salmon food which contains only fish, potato, fish meal, salmon oil, beet fibre, yeast, vitamins and minerals, but it is very expensive.

I ordered it from Hyperdrug.co.uk, just checked out the prices, I think they're pretty much the same thank god!!

Back