• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maxwell's experience with SM

mwe46

Our 3 year old male Cavalier was diagnosed with SM this past August at Auburn University. He had surgery in early October at Auburn to relieve the pressure on his brain. We just wanted to share our good news with other owners who have done through this tramatic experience. He is doing great. He is on daily medication and will be for the rest of his life. We cannot get over how much younger he is acting. He loves to play with his toys again and has lots of energy. He is not sensitive around his neck and the slight limping that he had prior to surgery has almost gone away. I would encourage anyone who has a pet with this condition that lives in the Southeast to look into Auburn. He received wonderful care and we are grateful that we went ahead with this surgery. We have our beloved Maxwell back.

I'm so glad Maxwell is doing well! Thanks for your helpful post, which I am sure will give encouragement to many who are concerned about their cavaliers and wondering about treatment options.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is wonderful to know that more Vet Centers are able to diagnose and treat SM. Now to work on getting breeders to MRI scan before breeding to help minimize the risk of SM in future puppies.

We would love to hear more about Maxwell!

Thank you so much for sharing your story about Maxwell. Wonderful that he is doing so well!!

Back