• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Getting Spayed Tomorrow

BostonGirl

Bella is getting spayed tomorrow and I can't help but be sooo nervous. I know they do these surgerys all the time but the anesthesia makes me really nervous!! I have a few questions... this is my first dog and I've always grown up with cats and have noticed that my cat's personalities seem to change after they got spayed or neutered. Has anyone experienced this with thier Cav? Also, what is the recovery period like for a spay? How long until she can play in the park again? Is there anything else I should know going into this? I am sooo sad that she has to spend the night there without us :-( poor girl. Any feedback is appreciated. Wish us luck!

She will be fine, its more traumatic for the humans than them! You'll be amazed at how quickly she recovers.
Good luck:)

I was a mess but all turned out well. she really seemed to only have one quick moment when she was not comfortable. it does seem to be so hard on us. maile still seems to have the same silly personality she had before the operation. try not to worry it will be ok

I am sure she will be fine although its very upsetting for us "parents" its just a routine op for the vets!:)

Those of you that have had your dogs spayed/neutured, do you find that their coat condition has changed?

Annie went through it with flying colors. She was obviously a little groggy and sore for a couple days, but after that she was back to her normal self. Her personality didn't change at all.

I am sure she will be fine although its very upsetting for us "parents" its just a routine op for the vets!:)

Those of you that have had your dogs spayed/neutured, do you find that their coat condition has changed?

Yes unfortunatley! Holly's coat since speying is very coarse and 'guinea pig' like....it was smooth and straight before but now curls, especially down her spine. It's been nearly a year since she was speyed and her coat is slowly starting to look better with daily 'furminator' grooming, evening primrose oil tabs and coat conditioner!

my gals coat seems just the same. she never has had a thick coat plus we live in maui so she may never even need to grow one.

hey can we lay off the piggies pls? my girls coats are lovely and soft and silky!

seriously tho try not to worry i am sure everything will be fine.

She'll be fine!

My Casey's coat did not change, although I had her spayed at 6 months, so she really didn't have a coat yet. But it is silky soft and really long now at 4 years. I also did not notice any personality change.

She'll be fine! My puppy is being neutered tomorrow which I think is an easier surgery. He's only 5 1/2 months, but started humping things, so off he goes!

Lucy was done before her first season and she didn't change a bit. Sore for a couple of days but then absoloutely fine. And her coat is straight and in good condition.

Good luck with the op!

Our Missy was already 4 years old and spayed when we got her so I don't know about the change in the coat. However, I have fostered 4 female dogs who have just been spayed now and they recover so fast!! Us women would be advised to stay still (no driving, lifting, working ect) for 6 weeks following a hysterectomy but the doggies are running around in the park 2 days later!!

I'm not sure what that says about us!!! xxx

Good luck and I'm sure she'll be fine:xfngr:

Back